Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Potential Spyware

If you find any bugs with the SWGCreatures.com website (NOT SWG THE GAME!), be sure to let me know!
scotteh

Potential Spyware

Postby scotteh » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:20 pm

Everytime I go to your site and it loads and advertisement banner for something called Zamingo it pops opens an installation box called \"Second Thought Installation\" which looks like spyware to me. This does not happen when any other banner ad is up on your site or for any other site I go to. Your site is great but B.S. like this is really aggrevating.
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:57 am

Hrm... I agree with you on that. I'll let my ad provider know and hopefully I can get this removed.

Thank you for bringing it up!
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
scotteh

Postby scotteh » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:05 am

Still not resolved as of 9/11/2004. Anything you can do about this. I love your site and know that ADs are probably a source of income to keep this site running but to be honest if there was another site that had SWG creatures i'd be long gone.
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:14 pm

I have seen the Zamingo ads, but I do not see the Installation request dialog. My ad provider also says that the 2 are not linked. Perhaps you are already infected with something else?

Take a look here:

http://www.spywareguide.com/product_show.php?id=611

I really want to help, but I am not convinced it is anything on the site that is doing it.
Juntao Ta'kor

Master Creature Handler

Ahazi Galaxy
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:50 pm

scotteh -

Okay, I think I know a little more about this one. So from what I understand, we have a 2 part problem here. One, it is quite likely that you are already 'infected' by Zamingo/680180.net spyware. When it detects you hitting another of their ad links (like the Zamingo banner), it is further delivering pop-ups. At least this is what I think is happening.

I am going to request that this ad be removed and hopefully that will at least fix it on my end.
Juntao Ta'kor

Master Creature Handler

Ahazi Galaxy

Return to “Bug Reports”