Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Star Wars galaxies: Rage of the Wookiees expansion

Relevant news about Creature Handlers and SWGCreatures
Cyclone

Postby Cyclone » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:50 am

Gah! You beat me to posting it. No matters! I'm really exited about this expansion! Definatly gonna pre-order! I wish I could do it now! I really hope new TAMABLE creatures will be introduced with this expansion. I hope that CHs will get some lovin to with this one!
\"Si vis pacem, para belum!\"

Master Swordsman,
Master Creature Handler,
Medic!
Ness_Gorath

Postby Ness_Gorath » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:21 am

just the name makes me sick
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:32 am

i wanna get it real bad, but i dont have enough money :( and i dont think im gonna have enough money anytime soon. oh well
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Rydenn

Postby Rydenn » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:02 am

Just another way for Sony to steal my soul...
Rydenn

Postby Rydenn » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:34 am

Double post..
Rydenn

Re: Star Wars galaxies: Rage of the Wookiees expansion

Postby Rydenn » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:21 am

[quote:8d3a05e2a3=\"Milteck\"]
Ronda: but one I can reveal right now is the Kashyyyk Bantha

Ronda: while it surprised many to learn, a subspecies of bantha actually does exist on the planet Kashyyyk.

Ronda: Among the most obvious differences of the Kashyyyk bantha were lack of a shaggy coat, and the lack of the huge horns that were often associated with the species.

Ronda: In place of horns, the Kashyyyk bantha had evolved a pair of massive, bony plates that were used as battering rams. Another difference was the feet of the Kashyyyk banthas, which were tipped with longer, more articulated toes that allowed the creature to climb along the wroshyr tree branches.[/quote:8d3a05e2a3]

I really hope that this looks a lot different, because I cannot picture a Bantha climbing up a tree...Clawed toes or not, they are massive creatures that are definetley not built for climbing.
Ness_Gorath

Postby Ness_Gorath » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:26 pm

No, nuthing really against wookiees cause I am a huge star wars fan. Its just for the galaxies expansion, I would have expected something cooler that maybe went with the combat revamp. Rage of the wookiees doesnt sound very satisfing if you ask me. They are making it along with the new movie that is coming out, but this movie happened at least 17 years before the time we are in now (star wars wise). I dont wanna see jedi star fighters and grevious's ship. I want to see fix fix fix, not add add add. Cause really add add add is all they have been doing eveer since the nerf nerf nerf time. I love new weapons and such, we need a combat revamp not really an upgrade. A new planet would be cool, but personally i dont think kashyyyk is the right choice for this time, and if they wanted to add kashyyyk, then they should have added something more suitable for its time too like Hoth or degobah or even bakura or something. I cant wait to see the new expansion and stuff. But its not what i expected and honestly it upsets me cause i love galaxies, but im tired of change, and this is gunna be one big change, a big change that might even drive me away from this game. I miss the old times.
Ness_Gorath

Postby Ness_Gorath » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:29 pm

sorry to be so negative, I cant wait for it eather. Thats the thing though. The waiting lol. Im tired of sony always taking so long to fix something. But it seems everytime they do it kinda makes things worse or changes game play.
whatever though well see, cant wait for the new tames and another planet to explore. :D
Grambacca

Postby Grambacca » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:25 am

Well with the introduction of all the Jedi to the game you cannot say that we are in the same timeline now as at the beginning of the game. The timeline has been discarded in my opinion. I just wish they would come out and say so.

As far as Kashyyyk is concerned it IS in existence during the timeline of Ep.4 - 6. It was just never shown on screen in the movies. George Lucas had originally pplanned for Endor to be Kashyyyk in Ep.6 but had to scrap those plans because they were unable to show what he wanted Kahyyyk to be like. Now that the technology is there he can do so in Ep.3

Everything from Ep.3 would still be around in some form in Ep.4 because as you say it is only like 17 or 18 years in between. Saying Ep.3 stuff should not be in the current timeline (as it is supposed to be) is like saying cars from the 80's shouldn't be around today! It's a ludicrous statement.

I personally look forward to the new expansion. I am however pretty upset with the revamp of the game to a level based system instead of skills and the remake of creatures to be only generic cookiee cutter critters with no specials etc.

Return to “News”