Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Fanfest Questions and Answers

Relevant news about Creature Handlers and SWGCreatures
locokilbasa

Postby locokilbasa » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:25 pm

did they say anything about resists or was it brought up at all?
or is that just a thing of the past now?
orxiss osskosk - radiant - cancelled
sakke gevalia - radiant - cancelled
okee - sunrunner - cancelled
socko - sunrunner - cancelled
efx twin - sunrunner - cancelled

thanks SOE/LA for making one of the best games ever now the worst game over
ranja123

Postby ranja123 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:38 am

Thanks Milteck for all of your hard work!

Was the corral idea brought up at all?
I see that they contemplated allowing the deed or re-deed of unacceptable pets, this is a bit different.

All in all it looks grim for us save the specials...
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:06 pm

Thanks for bringing up these issues Milteck! And thank you for relaying the responses!
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:20 pm

We'll see what we can do =)

If enough folks were interested, it might be worth making a run of swgcreatures type T-Shirts. I have had an idea for one for a long time, but I have a feeling my idea would infringe on Lucas licensing rights.
Juntao Ta'kor

Master Creature Handler

Ahazi Galaxy
ranja123

Postby ranja123 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:03 pm

Agreed, a cool SWGCreatures T-shirt!

I'd pony up for one or a few... Polo's even better :)

We just need a good slogan and logo!
Soulsyphon

Postby Soulsyphon » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:55 pm

I want to know when they will fix prenerf (pre CU) pets will be fixed.. not all of them are uncallable , i do have one on one of my alts that still is callable , but , but my better one on radiant is not callable it gives error invalid stats to be called. It is due to publish 17. I find this extreamly irritating they mess with us yet again. Sure i know there is a few CH out there that are glad this is the case, but those are mostly those jelious because they do not own one, but really it is no diffrent then those people that own extinct pets..that is what these are really just a manufactured extinct rare pet. ...i suppose the next thing they will want to do is make my great plains stalker uncallable since it is now a rare extint pet. i got to go lol this is getting me too heated lol even thinking about this, and how they seem to like to screw over the CH profession( aka SWG's red haired step child), and they have been doing it for what years now ? lol...don't get me wrong i'd never leave the CH profession, but just would like to see us rise to power to be even the jack of all trades they said they intended use to be in PvP. Though had to say the CU did have one good thing in it that gives me a grin thinking of it :D It is finally the other combat professions got nerfed like we have been for almost ever..it was good to see others get as nerfed to useless as we have suffered through for so long...how does the saying go\"misery loves company\"
If you want to contact me, contact me through my game email if your on radiant server
Dragoran

Postby Dragoran » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:49 am

:(
I just came back to SWG from playing EQ2 for several months. I am/was a master CH on the Bria server. You can imagine my surprise when I came on and most of my creatures were now a higher level. I actually had it worked out so I had several \"pairs\" of level 35 creatures used for hunting (Giant Anglers I believe) and now they are no longer 35 and I can only call one. And, my bio Kimogillas I had now had to be \"adjusted\".... Like you guys said, we were an \"abused\" class anyway, I can't believe that they have changed it this much (for the worse). So do I understand that special attacks are no more??? It sounds like I should go find a baby bull rancor now while it's broken. Is there a list of \"extinct\" pets somewhere that I'm missing?

All of this just doesn't make sense to me, but if everyone else gets \"nerfed\" as stated, maybe it can be manageable. But... I still can't believe that pets cannot be used or are not supposed to be used as tanks. SOE uses it all the time on EQ and EQ2 (necromancers, conjorers and such). Does the SWG team need to chat with the EQ2 team for some ideas???

Anyway, back on for a couple of months... we'll see how it works out.

Dragoran
Master CH
Master Pistoleer
Bria server
Soulsyphon

Postby Soulsyphon » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:10 pm

well i guess publish 18 is not the patch to do anything much for the ch profession, certainly not the one to give back pet specials or resists . lol maybe publish 19 is the one lol ........we will see :lol: some how i think this is more SOE campain promises, because there truth rating relating to our profession seems to be about 33% 33% half truth /67% bull crap to keep us happy. I would take this all with a grain of salt.
If you want to contact me, contact me through my game email if your on radiant server
Soulsyphon

Postby Soulsyphon » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:25 am

well guess publish 19 is not the one either lol Don't worry i'm sure they will have it all smoothed out by publish 40.1 lol

Return to “News”