Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

NEW Feature!

Relevant news about Creature Handlers and SWGCreatures
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

NEW Feature!

Postby Juntao » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:47 pm

So after a bit of thinking and some code magic (at least for me!), I finally have the mapping of creature locations online!

Now comes the fun part, getting all of you to help me enter in locations for creatures so this is actually a useful piece of information!

So here's what you need to do. When you find a creature in the wild, note your coordinates. Now, bring up the details of that creature from the database. Over where the planet is listed, click the Add Sighting button and enter in your coordinates!

Once you have done that, you can now see your newly posted sighting in action! Back on that creature's detail listing, click on the Planet Name link (Endor, Dantooine, etc). A new map will pop up with a pin showing you the locations entered for that creature!

Please check to see if the location is correct! This is new and I have not been all over a planet to test out all coordinates! If you find a pin that is way off the mark (some minute variation is okay), then please let me know, including the correct coordinates!

Also, one little tidbit! Let's not add locations from mission lairs. They are not really very reliable with city locations spread out across the galaxies. Any lair with the creature's name in it is a mission lair so don't use those!

Anyway, I hope you all find this useful!
Last edited by Juntao on Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Tom Bobbins

Postby Tom Bobbins » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:11 am

Nice One mate! =D
TomtheScout Bobbins
4-0-0-0 Brawler
4-0-4-0 in Scout
1-1-1-1 Medic
===========
2-2-2-3 in Creature Handler
0-0-0-1 Teras Kasi Novice
Eclipse Galaxy

Postby » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:13 pm

Very cool. Btw, I tried to upload a sighting for a dwarf nuna on Tatooine. The system received the coordinates and it showed correctly the pin on Tatooine and NOT on Naboo, but the coordinates are now written under Naboo also.
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:08 pm

Yeah, I have the fix for this at home, will update tonight.
Juntao Ta'kor

Master Creature Handler

Ahazi Galaxy

Postby » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:10 am

I was under the impression that the spawn sites and lairs are pretty random. So it might be good to get a rough location, like Feral Banthas are common near the Sarlacc but exact coordinates seems like overkill or even misleading ..
Or am I missing the point.

Postby » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:36 am

Your missing the point. After enough people enter the exact coordiantes over time a pattern should appear that will show the general location more accurately than just generically saying NE or Theed. Awesome idea.

Great new feature

Postby » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:52 pm

I have pawed around here a few times for looking for something like this. Knowing grauls and bile drenched quenkers are on Datooine is not that same as finding them! I look forward to assisting in the collection of this information!

Thank you for this service!
Fewa1982

Great Idea

Postby Fewa1982 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:59 am

Ya this is def a great idea, eventually this will be an awsome map thingy, i cant wait to see it at its best.

I love you man! :lol:
raab

Postby raab » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:59 pm

Wow!! I love this!

Return to “News”