Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

The Saga Continues

Relevant news about Creature Handlers and SWGCreatures
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

The Saga Continues

Postby Lantyssa » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:58 am

Today's Hotfix returned most pets to their proper levels. Or something close to what they were.

Several creatures have seemed to lose a level, although this may be from regular balance passes. We could not check our pads and the level 1(0) bug was probably most of our focus for the past few days.

More distressing is that Elite pets no longer have the same stats as their wild counterparts, and are in some cases weaker than an equivalent level pet. This is a confirmed bug as a few minutes ago. JFreeman once again updates us:
------------------
Ack!

This was not intentional! We're working on a fix for your elite pets now...
------------------

The developers are talkative today. More from JFreeman:
------------------
We're not just \"fixing\" specials, though. We're replacing that with a specials system that has a lot of new special abilities. So you tame different creatures to learn their specials, and then teach those specials to the pets you actually want to use, depending on what combat role you want the pet to fulfill.

So we didn't want to \"fix\" the old specials system, since we were replacing it instead.

The new specials system is currently in development. We just want a little extra time to polish it, and that's why you don't have it (or a fix to the old system) yet.
------------------

That sounds very exciting!
Last edited by Lantyssa on Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:30 pm

A quick fix would be nice.

What I am most happy about is that they are acknowledging problems and at giving us at least minimal information. Tiggs now has a focus thread on the taming problems that have been reported and GreenMarine posted that traps will be fixed in the next publish. Let's hope they keep this up.
Soulsyphon

Postby Soulsyphon » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:42 am

well no, don't think that will kill the BE profesion since for one the BE profesion has already abandon us creature handlers for the most part (with a few very rare exceptions). instead they have moved towards being medical supply crafters, not pet builders, the second reason is the BE that still makes pets can still do a couple of things for us, like a little bit more control on the stats , colors, body types( with a BE pet you could still get to control a kimo,kliknik, or malkloc), and lvl control. What i hope does not happen on the specials system, and for me it is the only thing that counts, is they keep all DOT based attacks , including plague strike, and poison spray..they are the 2 best crowd control specials you can get on a pet, as well as being the most powerful...without those, even if they fix everything else including all the other pet specials, this profession is dead to me.
If you want to contact me, contact me through my game email if your on radiant server
velm

Postby velm » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:54 am

I gave up on CH after the CU. It is nice that they are replacing the specials in the game it really is. But the issue that I have with it is that it leaves CH's really weakened in their wake. CU went live 4 May. It is now 4 July. What have we seen happen to CH?
-pet lvls shifted left and right, some were made unusable
-some BE pets converted to unusable lvls
-the lvl bug 1(0)
-the elite status bug
-lack of specials
-pathing bugs
-autostore bug

CH is not that strong on its own, the pet specials would be really nice to have live. Could they not do their new system on TC to test it out? or how about keep the 'old' system up while they work on the new one?
MCH/Master Scout/ Rifleman 2/2/1/3/ Ranger 0/0/3/0

(actually, i dropped the ranger and became a master rifleman before the NGE)
velm

Postby velm » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:55 am

I gave up on CH after the CU. It is nice that they are replacing the specials in the game it really is. But the issue that I have with it is that it leaves CH's really weakened in their wake. CU went live 4 May. It is now 4 July. What have we seen happen to CH?
-pet lvls shifted left and right, some were made unusable
-some BE pets converted to unusable lvls
-the lvl bug 1(0)
-the elite status bug
-lack of specials
-pathing bugs
-autostore bug

CH is not that strong on its own, the pet specials would be really nice to have live. Could they not do their new system on TC to test it out? or how about keep the 'old' system up while they work on the new one?
MCH/Master Scout/ Rifleman 2/2/1/3/ Ranger 0/0/3/0

(actually, i dropped the ranger and became a master rifleman before the NGE)

Return to “News”