Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Q/A with Keldarin

Relevant news about Creature Handlers and SWGCreatures
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:28 pm

The latest news is that old pets will convert to being able to use abilities and level up. This has not been moved to Test Center yet, so old pets there are not working properly, but is on the way. Both wild and BE will work with the new system.

However converted pets will not start with abilities. Abilities only happen on about 1 in 7 wild tames, and at this time it is unknown if they are species specific. It looks like pets will have some sort of limit to the number of abilities learned, so the one bright spot is that converted pets can be taught with only the specials you want them to have.
Soulsyphon

Postby Soulsyphon » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:43 pm

Hello, :-) cann't wait forthe new system, sounds intresting and pet specials in any form are really over due in getting back in game. On the elite pets, i'm not upset with loseing them, however the Devs should give us an uber pet combo and uber single pets intended for the master CH as our uber master lvl weapons. It would be extremly unfair to have us as the only combat profession without one, and abilites from the new system don't count forthis because every pet can get these abilites. We want some really uniquely powerful for this to set it apart from everything else, it should embody every skill a CH can do like tame mount. I recomend for a single pet idea ability to tame something like a giant version of the reptilian flier , with ranged attack, maybe do ranged attack simular to flame thrower and give it a simular graphic, and then make it mountable. make it the size of the giant peko peko. Or you could just give us ability to tame a gorax with the same stats as it has now but at lvl 70, make it a rare spawn, because really a quest for a CH uber master lvl weapon is not fitting, we as Ch are explorers , most of us love the thrill of the hunt its self. so better to make it more under the lines of a short quest to maybe get an item which would let us tame/use a single creature of our choosing, like we could put this on a kryat or a gorax or what ever, the pet would funtion as lvl 70 for purposes of max pet lvl, but keep the stats it had before the device was used on it as another idea. Our uber weapon should come from the wild, not from a quest, the quest should only be a means of administering the device, and to ensure only one per master CH. If you think this sounds too powerful , think about the uber master lvl weapons out right now, there very powerful then on top of that can be sliced and power ups can be added to them, then an adk can be added to keep them that way forever it is possible to get a 800 dps knuckler of katarn if you had foresight in how modified it and how your entire template effects it. master swordsman are getting uber weapons then getting mods from other mele professions to make that weapon even more powerful then what a master swordsman can do on there own, but CH pets are uneffected by our template beyond CH this is unfair unles were allowed to do this.
If you want to contact me, contact me through my game email if your on radiant server
Hazarstanagge

Postby Hazarstanagge » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:27 pm

wow...all i can say is wow!
I havent meen on a taming trip since CU went live and I'm gettin the itch to kidnap babies and kill their mommies again :lol:
Seriously though, if we get a AI and a spawn \"adjustment\" with this I will be a very happy critter catcher once again.
One thing i have been wondering about...will these new abilities be critter specific ie. root/snare on spider skins (webbing) and so forth or will they be random? If they are specific I can see the rebirth of the taming hunts from the \"old days\" that I and so many CH's enjoyed.
Either way a lil love is better than nuthin!
Im actually excited!
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:22 am

AI tweaks are being made in addition to the specials. (I suppose QA is finding out how difficult it is to play a CH right now as they try to test the specials.)

This is shaping up to be a good publish for us.
Elainyn_Kabuki

Postby Elainyn_Kabuki » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:13 pm

Sounds interesting. But yeah, I concur with Soulsyphon we're overdue for an \"Master\" weapon.

But no more elites? Man, that kinda sucks...but hey, now GPS should be more often found and tamed just as readily...or am I reading this wrong and this coming publish is marking the extinction of the GPS?
[img:26ae2ad1f0]http://www.furiouspantaloons.org/pp/img/02509.jpg[/img:26ae2ad1f0]
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:56 am

GPS will be around. The other tweak I'll point out is that because babies now have the full stats of an adult pet, they have been returned to being able to spawn as part of the first wave.

So whether single spawns (I find 'static spawn' a misnomer unless talking about true static spawns such as the merek harvesters/king, dark klikniks, etc.) are fixed or not, that first one may be a baby.
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:20 pm

Yeah, I don't mind forcing babies to only spawn from wild lairs, [i:797a21eebf]if[/i:797a21eebf] wild lairs can be found. Corellia is barren on my server.
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:59 pm

Publish 21 is scheduled for tomorrow, August 4.

Return to “News”