Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

CH and Bio engineers kicked out of swg

Relevant news about Creature Handlers and SWGCreatures
Jupiter 3

Postby Jupiter 3 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:24 pm

:( great. that really took alot of the magic out of the game. i dont know why the developers would do somthing like this, they will lose hnudreds of dollars just in a day,and us creature handlers put in probably millions sine 2003. it's almost unbelieveable. they revamp the profession and 4 weeks later close it down before any of the good parts can take effect outside of the beta trials of obi-wan. the whole purpose of this game is to immitate the real world in a star wars theme. and the creatures are THE most primary role in the whole game. without them you would have other players, NPC wich are too hard to fight for noobs, and alot of open landscape. they will still be there, but just more NPC,and after the CU, they arnt even hard to kill anymore. last time i played jedi, with the proper skills you could use the force to temporarily command a creature to attack or run. they probably changed that now too.... well here is my farewell to the Creature Handler Profession... goodbye.
martyk
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist

Postby martyk » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:58 pm

WAHN!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: OUR PETS! I can't belive it's over! Creature Handler! Our beloved Creature handler! GONE FOREVER!!! I'm gonna miss it all.
SHAZAM!
Iakimo
Field Biologist
Field Biologist
Location: Somewhere north of Bree. (\"Oh... real life? Erm... Huntsville, AL... I think...\")

Iakimo says \"Hi\"

Postby Iakimo » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:57 pm

Truly a grief-filled day for all of us who love the CH profession.

/sigh...

I was looking forward to building up my alt on Eclipse as a MBH/MCH right after I finished my Jedi grind. Looks like I never will get to tame a Bull Rancor after all.

Take care, and fare well, my friends.

[i:d0c8e80bf0]Iakimo mounts his trusty kaadu one last time and rides off into the sunset.[/i:d0c8e80bf0]
Iakimo Wioga, Jedi Padawan
Former Master Bounty Hunter/Master Creature Handler

SOE SUCKS!!!
moonsword

Postby moonsword » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:39 am

That's it for me folks.

I had already a CH master before the combat revamp and it was the first and one of the best professions I mastered..and I mastered lots of them, more then 14.

Then I unlocked my Jedi and my template (master enhancer, saber, healer 4004) was ready weeks before the first combat revamp.

As soon as I had my new char I created another one, master ranger, master CH and enjoyed the new enhancements for the CH profession.
The CH profession was on the right way.

And now they'll start making this piece of s.h.i.t.
Well fortunately I still have my high level account in DAOC which I will look back in again.
I am sure, this new \"enhancement\" will kill SWG.
Lots of players will cancel. I will take a look at the upgrade on TC and if it doesn't look good...I am done....that's it for me.
One I have written an idea of an nice enhancement, which would be a really enhancement that would help all players (offical SWG forum: \"We need player content terminals\"). But I know I will never see this in this game.
It is sad to say, but I think it is true....SOE is killing this game.

:cry:
Iakimo
Field Biologist
Field Biologist
Location: Somewhere north of Bree. (\"Oh... real life? Erm... Huntsville, AL... I think...\")

A ray of hope from Vertexon and Ko-A'Iri

Postby Iakimo » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:35 pm

Both Vertexon and Ko-A'Iri are saying some glimmers of reason are beginning to emerge from the devs they are talking to, and the Creature Handler [i:81f6a296cf]might[/i:81f6a296cf] return in the future. It's mighty thin evidence for hope (especially given the devs' track record for fixing broken professions... such as Smuggler), but it's something.
Iakimo Wioga, Jedi Padawan

Former Master Bounty Hunter/Master Creature Handler

SOE SUCKS!!!
Zurlaboo

Re: A ray of hope from Vertexon and Ko-A'Iri

Postby Zurlaboo » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:02 pm

[quote:a7b761a8cd=\"Iakimo\"]Both Vertexon and Ko-A'Iri are saying some glimmers of reason are beginning to emerge from the devs they are talking to, and the Creature Handler [i:a7b761a8cd]might[/i:a7b761a8cd] return in the future. It's mighty thin evidence for hope (especially given the devs' track record for fixing broken professions... such as Smuggler), but it's something.[/quote:a7b761a8cd]

That sounds like a fabricated loophole to keep us roped in. Even if they came right out and said that they were going to find a way to implement CH as a viable 'iconic' profession, who among us would be willing to sit around waiting for 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, while they continued baiting us with hyperbole and empty promises.

I have far too many friends in SWG to leave so abruptly, but the day I log on and cannot call my beloved kimo Tahkisis to join me in the Dathomir wilds is the day I'm gone. Enjoy it while you can :)
One tame at a time :)
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Re: A ray of hope from Vertexon and Ko-A'Iri

Postby Lantyssa » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:15 pm

[quote:22be23cdff]That sounds like a fabricated loophole to keep us roped in. Even if they came right out and said that they were going to find a way to implement CH as a viable 'iconic' profession, who among us would be willing to sit around waiting for 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, while they continued baiting us with hyperbole and empty promises. [/quote:22be23cdff]
The first (major) Creature Handler revamp occured in December 2003 in anticipation of the CURB. The CURB did not happen until 2005, and only after scrapping the alpha and beta tests for it. When the CURB did happen, we lost creature specials for another two publishes. Their track record regarding our profession is not very good. (If you were a Ranger or Smuggler, you're only now getting your revamp in a rather drastic way, so that track record is not so good in other areas, either.)

It is [i:22be23cdff]possible[/i:22be23cdff] for them to add CH back and in a reasonable time frame, if ever, however I recommend no one hold their breath for it. If you can enjoy the new game in the intervening time then by all means do so. Until I see it, and like enough of the changes, SWG has shut down the servers as far as I am concerned.
Koronak
Location: The ruins of the Celakaren compound near Mos Eisly, Tempest

Postby Koronak » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:56 am

Ok, this is just not right. I was actually considering coming back into the game, even if my character was gone, and re-training in CH. Well, so much for that. I pity all of you who are still left, and please know that we who left before the CU still feel as badly as you do about this development.

Koronak Celakaren, MCH, former member of the Tempest community
Grator

Postby Grator » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:01 pm

I just find it hard that they do this.

also what a great site, a lot of hard work has gone into swgcreatures and for what.

Im realy sorry for all CH/BE's in the game.

Nogix - cancelled all accounts and soon to shut down swgstarships.co.uk, no way am i going to promote SOE again.

/bow to you all
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:47 pm

I hear World of Warcraft has a good CH system kinda thing
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)

Return to “News”