Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

CH and Bio engineers kicked out of swg

Relevant news about Creature Handlers and SWGCreatures
Sondhi

Postby Sondhi » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:23 am

I feel sorry for you CH's and BE's we scout / rangers will also be getting the boot too and our skills spread across the new 9 proffs...

/sigh
Staff Sergeant Sondhi 8)

Antarian Rangers
Master Ranger / Bounty Hunter 1.3.4.4 / Reb Pilot 1.1.1.0 / Surveyor / Spelling Pedant /
NO LONGER PACK MASTER COZ OF THE BLEEDIN' CU :evil:

That's wookiee with TWO e's!
Dorelli

Postby Dorelli » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:30 am

We BE's are very unhappy (needless to say). I think SOE/LA has made a terrible mistake.

May you all live long and prosper and best wishes of all from me ...

-- Dorelli
Grambacca

Postby Grambacca » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:49 am

Well here is your proof. This is copied from the NGE forum announcements and it was posted by Tiggs:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Creature Handler - what will happen to my pets?

Any pets level 10 and above will remain in your datapad. Only pets level 10 and under can still be called.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if we can only call pets cl10 and below that makes us teh same as non-ch. No point in playing CH even if it still around then.

Also you need to go to the CH forums and read the post by the CH corrospondent. Ko-Airi was just as much in the dark and shocked by this as all of us CH's. She posted that CH is officially gone from the game.

A sad sad day!
Grambacca

Postby Grambacca » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:51 am

So how long will it be before this site is taken down?

No reason to keep it going if there are no BE's or CH's is there?
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:51 pm

SWGCreatures.com will live on. I'm not sure to what capacity, but it will still be here. We have really catered to the CH and BE community and obviously that community is about to non-existant, but the site will remain if nothing more than to pay homage to those who have walked in our shoes.
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:15 pm

I'm devastated by this. They are removing all of the professions I cared about (CH, BE, Scout, Ranger). Thinking of all the work the community put into this site, on the CH boards... it's just unthinkable.
Jorssk

Postby Jorssk » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:54 pm

Nooo my poor pets whan now :( :( and what abou my high level pets I can't use them any more? And who will mount pets now?? They kick CH from game forever or just stoped for while?
Master Bounty Hunter, Master Creature Handler

Eclipse - Jorssk Kelas
Jaquara

Re:

Postby Jaquara » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:25 pm

[quote:a40ad0951f=\"Juntao\"]SWGCreatures.com will live on. I'm not sure to what capacity, but it will still be here. We have really catered to the CH and BE community and obviously that community is about to non-existant, but the site will remain if nothing more than to pay homage to those who have walked in our shoes.[/quote:a40ad0951f]

:) Ty. Nice to know we won't disappear completely. One of the first things I saw when I started playing SWG was a player mounting a Kaadu, that was September last year, I got MCH at Christmas and love it. Gonna miss my pets soo much. :cry:
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:48 pm

get the badges now while they're still around :)
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:01 pm

This was a well-written letter from the former and long-time Scout Correspondent, Delta. We had our disagreements on a few issues, but I respected him for all he did and he respected me enough to ask me to be one of his five CURB-beta testers:[quote:cfc4881652]To the Developers,

While I cannot claim that I speak on behalf of the entire community, I do believe that my comments here will reflect much of what most of the veterans of this game feel at the release of the upcoming \"game enchancements\" information today.

To start off, for those who don't know me, I am a veteran SWG player. I tracked the game prior to release, and pre-ordered the Collector's Edition on the first day. I have played this game since day one. I own three accounts, all of which I have leveled myself. One is a Jedi, the others are non-Jedi characters. Two of those accounts are currently active (for the time being). I served as the Scout Correspondent from July 2003 until February of 2005, being the second longest serving Correspondent in the game. I attended the first Fan-fest in Anaheim (I live in Washington, DC) and I attended the Correspondent Summit in Austin, where I met Julio, Tiggs, and reintroduced myself to many of the rest of the design team that I had met at Fan-fest, including Thunderheart, Keldarin, GreenMarine (no longer with SOE) and many others. I alpha tested Jump-to-Lightspeed, and beta tested Rage of the Wookies and the Trials of Obi-Wan. I do believe that all of these experiences lend significant emphasis and credability to the opinions I want to express here.

I have reviewed the FAQ, as well as Julio's letter to the community. While it took a while to understand the magnitude of what is happening here, I have come to grips with it.

These game changes, in my opinion, represent a serious breach of trust with the community and fail to take into account the efforts that the veterans of this community have made in the game.

It is a slap in the face to announce these changes - changes which may take effect within three weeks or less to the game - ONE DAY after a new expansion that many of us have purchased copies of, some multiple copies of, was released. The dust has not even settled on The Trials of Obi-Wan, and now we are being presented with changes that will completely change the way the game looks, feels and is played. In my mind, this is little better than a virtual bait-and-switch perpetrated on the entire community.

I am well aware of the development process, thanks to my work as a Correspondent. I know that these changes must have been in the pipeline for months, particularly if all of the coding will be completed in less than one months time. The Combat Balance/Upgrade/Revamp that I assisted with and helped to shape in Austin at the Summit and throughout the process took over a year and half to develop, code and complete. Yet this entire process was done in secret, including all of the PR preparations made by Tiggs and the SOE Community Relations staff, and sprung on the community without an inkling two days after the expansion was released.

In real life, I'm a lobbyist, and I've been working in Washington for 10 years. So I've seen a lot of conspiracy theories come and go. And If I were a cynic, I would say that this was a carefully timed announcement, designed to hit the community right after the expansion was released, so that SOE and LEC could have gotten the money for the expansion from as many veterans as possible, hoping that that capital would keep the game going through the massive wave of cancellations from those same veterans when changes of this magnitude were announced. And once all the veterans are gone, marketing could focus on bringing new players to the game, who had no knowledge of the previous two years and wouldn't have a problem with what you've done here. I hope to God that that's just the anger talking here, because if any part of what I've said is just true, it would represent the bigg
Last edited by Lantyssa on Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “News”