Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Creature Handler Profession is NOT coming back

Relevant news about Creature Handlers and SWGCreatures
Iakimo
Field Biologist
Field Biologist
Location: Somewhere north of Bree. (\"Oh... real life? Erm... Huntsville, AL... I think...\")

Hrumph...

Postby Iakimo » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:54 am

Yeah, that Stratics quote, when I first saw it, was pretty much it for me as well. I was getting more and more ticked at trying to play the clunky, bug-riddled new interface, and that interview certainly appears to have cemented SOE's stance on Creature Handlers. I thought about sticking it out and trying to learn how to play my Jedi and my Bounty Hunter in the new system, but between SOE's Mustafar-loot con game and the endless waves of bugs, I just don't care enough to deal with the frustrations of being a pay-to-beta-test-a-console-game guinea pig.

BTW, I've been following the [i:cf8e87aeb1]Lord of the Rings Online[/i:cf8e87aeb1] website as well (I've been a Tolkien fan since the mid-1970's), and tossed a series of posts into the discussion thread about their newly-announced list of professions, suggesting a Creature Handler-type profession, loosely based on the influences of Beorn the Berserker and, to a lesser extent, Radagast the Brown. Naturally, a CH-hating SWG refugee took it upon himself to flame me unendingly. If anyone feels like adding their voice to the fray, here's the web link for LOTRO: [url]http://lotro.turbine.com/[/url]. The professions article and associated LOTRO Forum discussion thread are featured prominently at the top of the site. Reinforcements would be a morale booster.
Iakimo Wioga, Jedi Padawan
Former Master Bounty Hunter/Master Creature Handler

SOE SUCKS!!!
Jakkarus

Postby Jakkarus » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:53 am

Smed did say in his recent letter that CH will be coming back, after they figure out how to make it work in the game.

Quote:

[color=yellow:65781c1242]We couldn't make changes of this magnitude without changing some things that people loved - creature handlers for example are among the most upset. This was an example of something that was near and dear to people (including myself btw). It's one of the coolest parts of the game. It's one that's only gone in the short term - we'll be bringing it back in a different form in the near future once we work through the consequences of how we can make this core system work within the new framework. It won't be a profession in and of itself, but something people can do as part of the existing professions.[/color:65781c1242]
Jakkarus Nightstalker
Master Creature Handler
Teras Kasi Master
Guild Leader of BEAST Starsider
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:47 pm

I doubt anyone there understands what really drove the CH community, so I am skeptical of any future system they put forth. (That is if they ever actually achieve adding it back, which I am also doubtful of.) After the way they have handled the past few weeks, for the SWG community as a whole, I would have to seriously consider if I wanted to return even if it was the best system ever designed.

If they do make good on this, then I hope it will be enough to satisfy those that try it, but I believe SWG is over for good to me.
tharre

Rumors posted about CH

Postby tharre » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:44 pm

I've read somewhere in the SWG forums that there were be a sub-class profession of CH. No news other then that. :?
Xanth

Postby Xanth » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:55 am

I left SWG for World of Warcraft and have never looked back (except for missing the BEAST members, especially Milteck)

While the Hunter class in WOW is not akin to CH, it is a pet based class that utilizes the talents of the pet to enhance the player and the pet becomes an \"weapon\" or extension of their attack abilities. If anyone decides to try WOW, I can be reached on the Doomhammer server Horde side name is Udderchaos, Alliance side is Xanthbeast :D
[color=#808080:2abc8f5b72]X[/color:2abc8f5b72][color=#999999:2abc8f5b72]a[/color:2abc8f5b72][color=#B2B2B2:2abc8f5b72]n[/color:2abc8f5b72][color=#CCCCCC:2abc8f5b72]�t[/color:2abc8f5b72][color=#FFFFFF:2abc8f5b72]h[/color:2abc8f5b72] Master Creature Handler - Kauri
Formerly of Kauri Galactic CH Guild [color=red:2abc8f5b72]<Beast>[/color:2abc8f5b72]
martyk
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist

Postby martyk » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:20 pm

Nope, no way at all. The only pets now are ones recived from quests, but they can't be tauhgt any commands.
SHAZAM!
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:35 pm

I have been in contact with some of the folks at the emu project. Since the data provided here was provided by the community, I had few qualms with making it available for a community driven project. They have everything I could possibly hope to deliver, so we'll see if it helps the cause or not =)
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Iakimo
Field Biologist
Field Biologist
Location: Somewhere north of Bree. (\"Oh... real life? Erm... Huntsville, AL... I think...\")

Postby Iakimo » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:18 pm

Heh... for those of you who have seen the SWG-emu screenshots compiled by Xenozephyr, did you notice that the \"unobtainable experience\" he'd compiled into the Scout tree were 1337 points each in Hunting and Exploration?

I think the next time someone posts that video, they should title it \"SWG Episode 2: Revenge of the Creature Handlers!\"

Good to see y'all are following the news on the Emu....
Iakimo Wioga, Jedi Padawan

Former Master Bounty Hunter/Master Creature Handler

SOE SUCKS!!!
martyk

Postby martyk » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:06 pm

Indeed. I can't wait for it to be up and running. I wanna be reunited with my beloved bol Jojo.
SHAZAM!

Return to “News”