Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Forums are functional again!

Relevant news about Creature Handlers and SWGCreatures
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forums are functional again!

Postby Juntao » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:43 pm

I know they have been down a long time and had I known the root problem would have been so easy to fix, I would have done so long ago...

At any rate, we're back up and running even though the site has pretty much died since the extinction of the CH.

Ex - CH's looking for a place to chat or reminisce are welcome to stop by and say Hi!
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:55 am

I don't know that my life is even going to allow me to tinker with DnL. I'm just too dang busy right now. I have 1 night a week that I get to actually play on the PC and it's my scheduled Rise of Nations game night with a group of friends, heh.

I haven't even logged into WoW in months. I enjoy the game, just don't have the time to devote. That and the hunter class there just doesn't match up to the fun I had with CH in SWG.
Juntao Ta'kor

Master Creature Handler

Ahazi Galaxy
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:29 pm

Thanks for fixing the forums Juntao. I've checked every day hoping that they'd be back up. Finally, here they are :)

The Ranger class in Guild Wars gets a pet who is about as exciting as the pet that the Hunter class gets in WoW. Neither is close to the intricacies that we found as CH in SWG.

Interestingly, I've had the most fun playing a Mastermind in City of Villains. The class is based on summoning 'henchmen' to do your evil bidding. The experience is far, far removed from what we've all come to enjoy in our days of CH, but it amuses me.

Currently I have active accounts in CoH/CoV, GW, WoW and DDO. I still haven't found anything that is as challenging as exciting and fun as Creature Handling was in SWG. Here's hoping that DnL can change that :)
One tame at a time :)
martyk
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist

Re:

Postby martyk » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:34 am

[quote="Juntao"]I don't know that my life is even going to allow me to tinker with DnL. I'm just too dang busy right now. I have 1 night a week that I get to actually play on the PC and it's my scheduled Rise of Nations game night with a group of friends, heh.

I haven't even logged into WoW in months. I enjoy the game, just don't have the time to devote. That and the hunter class there just doesn't match up to the fun I had with CH in SWG.[/quote]

Same here. I actually kept playing SWG until about a month ago. Loved, spy. Nowhere near as good as CH or BE was though. Anyway, I quit because I more or less ran out of things to do. Leveling took forever and I always hated that, and all the quests available were either too hard or too easy for me. So I packed up my stuff, shiped it all off to my best friend on Flurry and logged out for the last time at the CH sanctuary on Rori. I have a candle with my name on it in there. If you've never been there, you should go. No idea where it is though, so I guess that's not much help. But they have candles with the names of every CH ever on Flurry in there. Very impressive.
SHAZAM!
martyk

Re:

Postby martyk » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:13 am

[quote="suckerpunched"][quote="BobDylan1"]hate to be a burden but i read the DnL websits about the proffesions, hunter/ranger, and found nothing on taming animals. Am i looking in the wrong place? if so could u post a link i would be most greatfull[/quote]

First off glad to see some activities on these forums again.

Second, to answer your question you don't really "tame" creatures like you did in SWG. You have to find animals with tamed infront of their name and then you can "hire" them, paying money each time you use them. As your level increases so does the difficulty/number of creatures you can control.[/quote]

Wait, are you telling me you hire wild animals to do your bidding? So it's like "Oh look a lion. Hello lion, here's $5. Go maul that guys face off."

Oh and quotes aren't working in the forum. Anyone else get that or is it just me?
SHAZAM!
locokilbasa

Postby locokilbasa » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:54 pm

just sayin hi -

i really miss CH and swg, but unfortunately enough was enough with all the BS going on. Now I'm done with gaming as I really don't have the time I once had. If there ever is another game that could compare to what swg once was with CH and all, then I'd come back.

I miss you all, and especially my guildies in BEAST.
Last edited by locokilbasa on Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orxiss osskosk - radiant - cancelled
sakke gevalia - radiant - cancelled
okee - sunrunner - cancelled
socko - sunrunner - cancelled
efx twin - sunrunner - cancelled

thanks SOE/LA for making one of the best games ever now the worst game over
martyk

Re: Pet Taming in DnL

Postby martyk » Fri May 05, 2006 2:27 pm

[quote="suckerpunched"]The taming system I spoke of was the system for SoG. As to the actual game of DnL itself, I'm not sure. I'd wait and see before giving up on it.[/quote]

One way or another I'm not going to be playing DnL. I've given up the habit of playing MMO's. I quit SWG over March break and I intend to stay clean.
SHAZAM!
martyk

Postby martyk » Mon May 29, 2006 7:06 am

That's more or less what I was doing when I got board. I doubt I'll come bakc unless there 9is a miraculous return of CH.
SHAZAM!
Morpheos

Postby Morpheos » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:27 pm

Well sure is good to see you guys , man i miss my CH .

Anyway i am playing DnL and the hunter/ranger does have taming but the game is the main problem. I had hoped to find Milteck here to see if he was going to give it a shot or anyone but i would do some research on the game first or allow me some time to get a review up and post it here if it is worth it or not.

Good to see some Fellow CH .
Iakimo
Field Biologist
Field Biologist
Location: Somewhere north of Bree. (\"Oh... real life? Erm... Huntsville, AL... I think...\")

Hi, all

Postby Iakimo » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:55 am

Heh... good to see people dropping by again.

I've had the same problem with quotes, both on this site and on others using this same format. I think there's a bug affecting all the gaming sites hosted by whatever provider is being used here.

One solution is to manually hit the "Quote" button and paste the text you want to quote into your message, then hit the "Quote" button to close out the quote. Don't use the quote="name" thing... just quote and /quote, each enclosed by the square brackets.

Anyway, for those of you who know your bird species, a certain EMU has been sighted. Intriguing!
Iakimo Wioga, Jedi Padawan
Former Master Bounty Hunter/Master Creature Handler

SOE SUCKS!!!

Return to “News”