Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Forum nukage...

Relevant news about Creature Handlers and SWGCreatures
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forum nukage...

Postby Juntao » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:45 pm

So the spam bots were getting a little crazy over on the forums. And as such, I did some massive deletes of both posts and users.

If you were inadvertently deleted, I apologize. If you wish to post, you'll need to re-register.

I also nuked a ton of posts and some valid posts were probably lost in the process. Again, I apologize.

I made a couple of changes to the registration process that will hopefully stop the spam bots so hopefully the spam will pretty much stop.

I sincerely apologize for anyone who was subjected to the posted material of the spambots.
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
martyk
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist

Postby martyk » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:07 am

well, at least the bots are gone now, that's what matters. However, I could have told you that the bots were only in the General Discusion and Creature Handler Discusion forums mostly. oh well. Hopefull with the comming of the emulator those lost posts will be replaced with new ones.
SHAZAM!
suckerpunched

Postby suckerpunched » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:00 am

Well, i managed to get myself included in the del0rtion but i'm back under the same handle so it's cool.

as to the spambots, yeah, they were out of hand...just got to be so many of em and we didn't log on frequently enough to control them. :oops:
Iakimo
Field Biologist
Field Biologist
Location: Somewhere north of Bree. (\"Oh... real life? Erm... Huntsville, AL... I think...\")

Postby Iakimo » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:59 am

/salute...

Yeah, the spambots can be a PITA. The public page of my WoW/SWG guild's website is starting to fill up, too. Online vi a gr a FTL...
Iakimo Wioga, Jedi Padawan
Former Master Bounty Hunter/Master Creature Handler

SOE SUCKS!!!

Return to “News”