Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Database updates

Relevant news about Creature Handlers and SWGCreatures
Samoht O'Ruadhain

Postby Samoht O'Ruadhain » Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:09 pm

Here are the problems I've noticed:
[list=1:b27bd689a1][*:b27bd689a1]The cookie set by the \"remember me\" option on the login page causes a server error that prevents the site from loading until the cookie is deleted. I haven't tried to use that feature for a while, so I don't know if it's been fixed yet.
[*:b27bd689a1]Sometimes my antivirus software finds (and cleans) a Trojan that is somehow linked to the index page of this site. It hasn't happened to me for the past few days, so maybe you've fixed it already.[/list:o:b27bd689a1]
Sometimes you eat Babar and sometimes Babar eats you.
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:46 pm

You're not the only person who had brought up the trojan issue. I have been totally unable to find anything on my end that could be causing this. Granted I'm no internet security expert so who knows, but I'm at a loss as to what it could be =(

I'll look into the cookie problem. I use that all the time and have never had issue with it =/
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Samoht O'Ruadhain

Postby Samoht O'Ruadhain » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:17 pm

My antivirus software has been cleaning the Trojan every time, so I'm not terribly worried about it. Other people might be, though.

I should specify that the login page I to which I was referring is the one linked from the home page, not the one associated with the forum. Try removing both cookies from your cache, log in to just the home page and use the \"remember me\" option there. Then close your browser, reopen it, and to to swgcreatures.com. If you get a server error and the page doesn't load, that's what I'm experiencing. In order to get the site to load, you have to remove the cookie from your cache.

Right now, I've got the forum cookie saved but not the site cookie. I'll see if I still have the same problem when I reopen my browser.
Samoht O'Ruadhain

Postby Samoht O'Ruadhain » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:35 pm

Looks like the forum cookie works just fine. I'm going to see what happens when I have both the forum cookie and the home page cookie enabled.
Samoht O'Ruadhain

Postby Samoht O'Ruadhain » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:42 pm

I had the same problem with both cookies saved. The home page cookie is definitely causing it. If you're only logged into the forum then you won't notice it.
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:47 pm

The trojan that you speak of, does it only appear when you access the default page? The news page? Is there some other page it appears on?

And for the cookie problem I think I know what it is. It's due to your username having an apostrophe in it. I remember now that it was a problem in the past, I guess I never got around to fixing it =x
Juntao Ta'kor

Master Creature Handler

Ahazi Galaxy
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:48 pm

The cookie problem is because you have an apostrophe in your name. I had mine changed because of it.
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:52 pm

And it's fixed! =)

Boy, when it's that easy to fix, you really kick yourself for not fixing it sooner....

So apostrophe should be fixed... now I just need to see if there's anything I can do about this trojan nonsense and determine if it's really something on my end or even something I can help with.
Juntao Ta'kor

Master Creature Handler

Ahazi Galaxy

Return to “News”