Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Creature Resource Subscriptions/Tracking

Relevant news about Creature Handlers and SWGCreatures
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Creature Resource Subscriptions/Tracking

Postby Juntao » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:03 pm

I think the resource hounds out there will like this latest addition.

Under profile is a link to a resource subscriptions page. You can find it here:

http://www.swgcreatures.com/subscriber.asp

Basically what you can do is add resources to a 'watch list' that is easily accessible.

Let's say for example, you want to be able to quickly see what the latest data is on Tatooinian Avian Meat. You would add that as a subscrition and when you view the subscriptions page, you'll see that data.

Now, let's also say you want to watch all Avian Meat across all planets. Just add Avian Meat to your subscription and it will list all data on avian meat across all planets.

Take it a step further and you can watch all meats across all planets.

There is an opt in emailer that will email you data on all your subscriptions once daily. To enable it, you must select it under your profile settings.

I think this can be a very handy tool and I might even expand it to include other resources besides creature specific data, but we'll just have to see what kind of demand there is!

Here is a sample of what you will see:

Enjoy!
Last edited by Juntao on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Nytar

Postby Nytar » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:18 pm

Hmmm this is awesome! Thank you Juntao!

Now I get to gather most of the info I need on one site.
[color=#33CCFF:b375b202e1] Nyter:Genetics[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CCCC:b375b202e1] Tempest[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC99:b375b202e1] Naboo, Edoras[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC66:b375b202e1] 6228 -4316[/color:b375b202e1]
Kher Sgurr

Re: Creature Resource Subscriptions/Tracking

Postby Kher Sgurr » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:28 am

[quote:a5f782b0be=\"Juntao\"]I think the resource hounds out there will like this latest addition.[/quote:a5f782b0be]
Are you kidding? :lol: This is a [b:a5f782b0be]very[/b:a5f782b0be] welcome addition to your already very great site. Even though I am a heavy user of both SWG Craft (my alt Reull is FarStar's top surveyor over there :lol: ) and SWG-ISS, I will instantly become addicted to this. Since your creature database is the number one (needless to say :wink: ), the linking between the resource stat/availability data and the SWGC's data is what makes this new feature a killer app in my book (and not available elsewhere as far as I know).

Thanks! and keep up the brilliant work!

--Kher

Return to “News”