Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

PvP Pets

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
bruno

PvP Pets

Postby bruno » Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:22 pm

Hey,

I'm about to hit MCH and I need to get my first set of PvP pets. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I know they are pretty much useless in PvP but, I still want to use them in PvP. So if anyone has any suggestions on pets that dont suck as bad as others in PvP im all ears.

Bruno Salieri
Taste

Postby Taste » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:46 am

get yourself a bad-ass kimogila. :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
this is taste with the FBI. we are looking for new recruits, any imperials can join. anyone interested can contact taste, stormiy, fuzzylaserbrain, grumman, schweizer, pilatus, ikik, okopro, aegi, twe'nia, tourette, or xiangzi.
Natehon Felteeo

Postby Natehon Felteeo » Sun May 16, 2004 3:32 pm

Get a Bull rancor(65%energy 35% kenetic), Gaping spider queen(65% kenetic & energy armor), or a Frenzied Graul(65%kenetic 35% energy). All are very hard to get but are very worth it.
\"Without Honor, there is Chaos\"... Natehon Felteeo, Master Pike/CH.
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Mon May 17, 2004 1:03 pm

The 4 main ingredients I would look for in a PVP pet are Stun Resistance; Kinetic/Energy Resistance and light armor. If you can, get acid resistance as well since that's a pretty common form of damage on guns.

Best bet would be to tell a BE that you need a pvp pet and see what they can whip up for you. I'd do it if you were on Valcyn.
Yvesof Tabec
Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH
Resident of Minerva, Naboo
Valcyn Server
Lepus

Postby Lepus » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:17 am

Depends what style of PvP your going to go :)

All the suggestions up to now have been defensive...

Also, it depends on what other class(es) you are.

For offensive pets though, Mantigue Screecher's Plaguestrike is invaluable in raids. Just 1 or 2 ticks of that can really screw over enemies, expecially if you get a Mind DoT on an enemy Doc / CM :D When we were hunting the Screecher's for about 1/2 a week while the Wooly hide was good there, we got 1 (almost 2) baby's.

There's some really really big Kimogila's on my server w/ 1000+ base damage (and actually Decent resists), but they were all pre-patch kimogila's and although i have a couple friends that have such monsters, i have not obtained such an awesome power myself.

Or, if you want to be able to multi-task / swarm enemies, get 2 or 3 pets all with strong disease / poison / status effects (such as KD + Dizzy / Stun / Blind / Intimidation etc) or plain-out high-damage. DoT's are suggested though, as all that armor / defense on most PvP players can just cancel-out most damage your pets doing.

But, i must warn you for one thing - Wait for Publish 10. I think they said something about Pet-Vitality not deteriorating due to PvP :lol: finally CH's can PvP again
Cyphaze

Postby Cyphaze » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:43 am

Lepus, the pet vitality in PvP thing is already live.

Just to make sure, I know that disease, poison, and knockdown are all bugged specials, but does Plague Strike work?

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”