Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

need a macro to teach pets skills

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
old nasty

need a macro to teach pets skills

Postby old nasty » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:31 pm

I need a macro to teach my pets all skills fast so i can just release them. A guy on a squil hunt with me must have had one because he cayght a baby mountain squil then traded it to me 1 min later and he had taught it all skills.
Gath

Postby Gath » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:18 am

As far as I know you cant make a macro for that.
One minute isnt too hard to achieve if you have all the commands in your speed bar (hotbutton bar, I forget what its called).

To do that, make a macro for each command, where you either use /tellpet or /say, then drop them onto an empty page. It helps to bind the radial menu popup to a keycombo but thats not entirely necessary.
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:31 am

If you go into your Options, you can bind your macros to keys as well.

I have all my handler commands mapped to my keypad. Beside the efficiency it gives me, I have the commands at my disposal regardless of what my hotbar holds.
Gath

Postby Gath » Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:19 pm

Yes, that is a great way to save hotbar space for your other combat professions.

A small tip there, if you bind a command to (say) ctrl+numpad1 and also want it on Ctrl+F (for instance) you can click the rebind button again and type the other combo. It says rebind but I dont think it actually [i:69a90e6b97]re[/i:69a90e6b97]binds until you have that macro bound to 2 key combos (or possibly 3).
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:34 pm

What language are you people speaking? LOL :)
One tame at a time :)
old nasty

Postby old nasty » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:20 pm

thanks but i'm confused even more now LOL
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:16 am

lol, just hit Ctrl+tilde(~) a few times until you get to an open row of macro keys. Then drag them down so u have 2 rows, and make macros to say all your Creature Handler commands (Store, t1, attack, stay,group,etc.) then click and drag them to the macros

Then after you tame a new pet, just switch to that macro bar, select train and hit the macro for whatever command you selected. Then you dont have to type the command over and over to train it, just hit the hotkey over and over :)
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:52 am

Actually, i found a better macro instead of the one in my last post here.

There will be only two macros, so make sure you have 2 macro keys space things open.

The first one is named trainBlah:

/tellpet blah
/pause 5
/macro trainBlah

The second is named trainPet, and for this one instead of using blah, you use the actual command:

/tellpet get in
/pause 5
/tellpet t1
/pause 5
/tellpet forget it
/pause 5
/tellpet here
/pause 5
/tellpet patrol
Then continue on like that until you have all the commands listed in order.

The get in, t1, forget it, here, patrol commands were just the ones i use, but you would have to look on the train menu and put all yours down in the same order they are in the train menu.

To use the macro, select train from the radial menu, and click the first one, then hit the hotkey for trainBlah. Then it will teach the pet \"Blah\" for that command, then you go back into the train menu and select the next one, and train all of them. Then type /dump

Next you select the top one again from the train menu, and hit the hotkey for trainPet. Then it teaches your pet the command that you want to use, and just go through selecting all the commands in the order that you put them in the macro.

That's a good one :)
Uraun

Postby Uraun » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:34 pm

If you're looking to train pets for experience as quickly as possible and don't care about the commands, I made a rather simple macro for it.

The macro is named trainPet.

/tellpet 0;
/macro trainPet;

That's it. Type /dump when you have taught it all the commands. This macro silently spams \"0\" as the command the pet should learn. This works for all commands even though it's the same for each one. All you have to do is select the command from the radial menu and the pet will instantly learn \"0\" for that command. It learns as fast as you can select.
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:46 pm

hey thats a good one. :) i never thought to take out the /pause command

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”