Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

need a macro to teach pets skills

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
Uraun

Postby Uraun » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:32 am

Yeah :) I believe it automatically has a 0.25 second pause between commands, though. Downside to that macro is that it will make your pets do tricks (and reduce your HAM) until you get down to the Clear Patrol Points command. So don't do it in the wild. :)
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:21 pm

Bind it to a button and take out the recursion (which will be removed soon anyways).

Try to train the pet then hit the button. It is a little more work, but nothing too hard, and you'll be ready when that macro change hits..
Gath

Postby Gath » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:12 pm

Just be sure to not train store first, or any other command you dont want them to do 10 times before you get to selecting the next command to train.

[quote:505744667e=\"Lantyssa\"]Bind it to a button and take out the recursion (which will be removed soon anyways).[/quote:505744667e]

Where did you hear that recursion will be removed?
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:11 pm

Actually the recursion is being removed to stop AFK macroing.

Also, Uraun, I tried your macro, AND IT DIDN'T WORK!

:twisted: after i taught it the first command, it stored....cuz the first command is store so after you teach it that, it /tellpet blah and the store command is trained to blah.....so it didnt work :)
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:33 pm

Thunderheart announced it last week. Use the dev tracker on the main site to find the posts related to it.
Gath

Postby Gath » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:16 am

[quote:f40420defa=\"Juicer\"] :twisted: after i taught it the first command, it stored....cuz the first command is store so after you teach it that, it /tellpet blah and the store command is trained to blah.....so it didnt work :)[/quote:f40420defa]

*points to post above Juicers* :)
If you want to use a macro like that you have to start with something harmless, like follow. By the time you taught the second command the commands dont work anymore cause you have duplicates.

[quote:f40420defa=\"Lantyssa \"]Thunderheart announced it last week. Use the dev tracker on the main site to find the posts related to it.[/quote:f40420defa]

Ah okey, thanks. Good to not have people doing AFK grinding I guess. But as everyone thats maxed out on the classes where you can do this already did it it only effects the new players and those who swap classes around. SOE always tend to wait forever before they decide something isnt right and fix it, resulting in lots of problems usually..

Guess I can say byebye to my lazy-maskscent macro then.
Uraun

Postby Uraun » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:52 am

[quote:91d9714d64=\"Juicer\"]Actually the recursion is being removed to stop AFK macroing.

Also, Uraun, I tried your macro, AND IT DIDN'T WORK!

:twisted: after i taught it the first command, it stored....cuz the first command is store so after you teach it that, it /tellpet blah and the store command is trained to blah.....so it didnt work :)[/quote:91d9714d64]
I haven't used the macro in a long time, so I forgot to say that you need to train the store command first and then start the macro for the rest of the commands. Not that hard to figure out, c'mon. ;)

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”