Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

What's the big deal with Greater Sludge Panthers?

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
Desburow

What's the big deal with Greater Sludge Panthers?

Postby Desburow » Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:37 am

I dont have a Greater Sludge Panther yet...But whats the big deal about them? They dont have the best stats at all in the game but nearly every good creature handler has one. Do they give great creature handling exp or something? Or are they powerful in combat?
And what's the skill taming level to tame them? (im a wookie)

Postby » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:53 am

Pre December patch, they were the creature to own. They had armor and were only level 20 or something. Everyone had at least two.

Post-patch, they aren't a bad pet to have and I would even consider them one of the best natural level 25 pets you can own. They can keep up with a speeder, have good Kinetic, Deathblow, and are just plain cool.

I have two, and it will be quite some time before I give them up for something better.

~Warrote of Bloodfin
Ocean

Postby Ocean » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:47 am

If you like the GSP, you should get a Grand Wrix instead... or as a compliment to if you can get both out at the same time.

Slightly less damage and slightly less ham, but better resistances across the board, also deathblows, is just a little bit fiercer, and has KNOCKDOWN. The 50% heat resistance is also good for going up against ranged weapons.
marcelo

Postby marcelo » Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:43 pm

:D I would agree with both Warrote and Ocean. I have both, and keep both out. The sludge is better offensive, and GW is better defensive pet. The GW does have better criticals...as knockdown is one of the better ones. I can't remember what the GSP's are, but I will look it up. Use each depending on what you are going against, like one would use the type of rifle he is attacking with. Personally, my favorite are the Arachne's. I happen to have a Webmaster(lv 50), and love the Strong Poison attack. :twisted:
Marchi Mol-nari
Creature Hand./Pikeman(stupid Holo)/Rifleman
Tarquinas
\"Hey there little guy...baby Webmaster want a cracker?\"
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:03 pm

I still favor the kliknik defender around that range. I'm more of a bug lady than a cat lady though...

Postby » Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:36 am

I got a lot of my creature handling XP from sharnaffs. I used babies of high level creatures - because they have armor - and then I used first one and then two greater sludge panthers.

When you use a very strong pet you get less XP, with those pets you dont need to worry about having them down much, but you still get decent xp.

I got 600 xp per sharnaff bull at best, and get 520xp with a GSP - or - and thats the nice thing - 2 x 260xp when using two GSPs.
Shinjeko

Postby Shinjeko » Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:52 am

[quote:88c318cd11=\"Anonymous\"]I got a lot of my creature handling XP from sharnaffs. I used babies of high level creatures - because they have armor - and then I used first one and then two greater sludge panthers.

When you use a very strong pet you get less XP, with those pets you dont need to worry about having them down much, but you still get decent xp.

I got 600 xp per sharnaff bull at best, and get 520xp with a GSP - or - and thats the nice thing - 2 x 260xp when using two GSPs.[/quote:88c318cd11]

that was me =]

Postby » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:21 am

If you are loooking for survivability, consider the lvl 25 Wolf Boar with 50% kinetic.

But the GSP's just plain looks cool, so for that reason alone you simply have to own at least one *grin*

Regards
Mask
Shinjeko

Postby Shinjeko » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:46 am

I gave my pair of greater sludge panters to a friend, but I still keep a crimson razor cat :wink:

This is Clyde covering my back while we were hunting sharnaffs.
[img:209b393161]http://www.emerald-knights.com/guildhall/files/clyde.jpg[/img:209b393161]
[img:e545941f89]http://www.emerald-knights.com/guildhall/files/swgsig.jpg[/img:e545941f89]
Apoub

Primary Objective

Postby Apoub » Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:45 pm

The Boar Wolf may have better resists, but who wants two pigs covering their back? It's all about the appearance that the GSP (or two) gives. They are very fast, have reasonable stats and a much higher HAM then the GW, which share the same kinetic protection (35% i believe). Anyone knows that most NPCs revert to melee fighting when attacked in close range (such as with a creature) so the GSP is a much better pet for missions and such because of the higher damage and significantly higher HAM.

..plus they look really really cool.

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”