Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

What type of damage does ranged attack deal?

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
ColdBrew

Postby ColdBrew » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:28 am

Does the range command really work?

When ever I give the command it says ranged enabled (or whatever), but it never toggles back to disabled. How do you turn it back off after you turn it on?
Electro

Postby Electro » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:33 am

It does work. You can't turn it off once its on though. The only thing that responds to it being turned off it seems is droids. In order to turn it off for a pet you just have to store it.

But the range attack command does work, provided 2 things. The first is that you order your pet to attack within 30m, since that is the max range for creature's ranged attack. If you don't, it will have to run up, and more often than not it'll run way to far and get within melee range. The second is that the creature isn't getting attacked by something melee. If it is, is might switch to melee to defend itself. Otherwise, you can have one pet tank and another 1 or 2 out there just shooting for extra damage, which is what I do a lot.
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:40 am

i never knew about this ranged command :) what is it? it sound useful
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
mini-me

Postby mini-me » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:04 pm

its a command you get at master ch, but your pet can automatically use theirs, i'm not master yet and my kwi will spit when i set him on guard and an npc attacks me with ranged.
Mini-me
Lowca Galaxy
Master Rifle
Training CH
tka 4000
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:48 pm

ah ok, ty
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Electro

Postby Electro » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:08 am

A creature will use its ranged attack automatically, but it will move forward each time it shoots, so eventually it will get into melee range and switch. But if you have the ranged attack command, they won't move when they shoot.

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”