Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Who thinks CH should have more power?

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
Rydenn

Postby Rydenn » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:16 am

The problem with that, is that you would be nearly unstoppable. If you went to a battle or duel and pulled out a natural kimogila, there is really no way you couldn't win (assuming you fought as well) Obviously there are people who can solo these creatures, but not instantly. Although it would be amazingly cool, it would really be very unbalanced. However, I do think they should increase it to about CL 80, and then also allow us to have about 30 pets.
velm

Postby velm » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:44 am

I would say 80 would be good, that would be up to the Enraged Rancor. If they they could also let us tame more, such as the Mire Marauder, and others, and increase our datapad size it would be nice.
MCH/Master Scout/ Rifleman 2/2/1/3/ Ranger 0/0/3/0

(actually, i dropped the ranger and became a master rifleman before the NGE)
TIE
Wildlife Photographer
Wildlife Photographer

Postby TIE » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:18 pm

CH should be more powerful.

I mean come on, a huge cat weighing probably 600 lbs... you would think it would be able to kill something with a swipe of its paw, besides nunas. -.-

Least animals should (which would make CH more powerful. <.<). A kimo and krayt should be able to eat someone whole. We can fit in the mouths. But you have people soloing them...

The CU I hope will fix this and should make our pets stronger because the people will be weaker.
Master Pikewoman, 8)
Master Creature Handler,
A little bit of Medic,
Oh and don't forget some scout!
Rydenn

Postby Rydenn » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:20 am

I hope so
T'Ky

Postby T'Ky » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:53 am

i dont think they need to increase the power of pets, because as stated it would become totally unbalanced.
what they should do is reduce the call time, because as it stands a pet is an offensive combat tool, and can only be used if you approach your objective sensibly, and wait out of combat range to call your pet.

The call delay means you cant defend yourself if ambushed, and you hold up your group every time you reach a target.

i supose you could walk between missions... but who the hell wants to tab across dathomir at the same speed as yer pet?
TIE
Wildlife Photographer
Wildlife Photographer

Re:

Postby TIE » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:48 am

[quote:18172d6e85=\"T'Ky\"]i supose you could walk between missions... but who the hell wants to tab across dathomir at the same speed as yer pet?[/quote:18172d6e85]

Hmm I do. I get missions in the same direction then speeder there. Walk from missions one to mission two so I dont have to keep calling pet. Then speeder back.

When I am with others we do the same thing, walk everywhere. Also kill just about everything in sight...

But ya it would be nice if they cut down the spawn time to maybe 5 secs.
Master Pikewoman, 8)

Master Creature Handler,

A little bit of Medic,

Oh and don't forget some scout!
xiriss

Re:

Postby xiriss » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:08 pm

[quote:e3be5ff2f4=\"T'Ky\"]i dont think they need to increase the power of pets, because as stated it would become totally unbalanced. [/quote:e3be5ff2f4]

unbalanced, you mean if Players couldn't kill our pets in 3 hits, we might have more of a chance of staying alive, think about it, we as players even when buffed have maybe 4k HAM, our pets can have even 11k, and they go down way before we do, they do a Damage: 455-620 per hit(and thats the bull rancore), when players can get upto 1500 if not more I have seen pets go down faster once tamed than in the wild a bit more power would not hurt anything, I like to PVP but as my only combat skill is TKM I would like to be able to rely on my pets in a battle.
[img:9768354473]http://img121.exs.cx/img121/7882/crittersiggy2dw.jpg[/img:9768354473]
Ness_Gorath

Re:

Postby Ness_Gorath » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:51 pm

[quote=\"xiriss\"]unbalanced, you mean if Players couldn't kill our pets in 3 hits, we might have more of a chance of staying alive, think about it, we as players even when buffed have maybe 4k HAM, our pets can have even 11k, and they go down way before we do, they do a Damage: 455-620 per hit(and thats the bull rancore), when players can get upto 1500 if not more I have seen pets go down faster once tamed than in the wild a bit more power would not hurt anything, I like to PVP but as my only combat skill is TKM I would like to be able to rely on my pets in a battle.[/quote]

I agree with you 100%. Pets are too weak. And they dont do 620 damage. Because when people are wearing armor and have more defense stats vrs melee or even ranged. This lowers our creatures attack baaadd. Iv seen my frenzied grual hitting people with 7 damage then 9 damage. WTH IS THAT. That isnt gunna help me. I posted on another topic that we should be level 150, store up to 32 or have a place to store more, creatures stas should be varied like wild ones again, and jack up the strenght of creatures. It wont be unfair to have 3 powerful rancors out. Its a major plus in group hunting and gives us what we need. A strategic, varied, and hard to control profession. No CH would be exactly the same. They dont even need to add more trees to our creature template cause pets are so varied we make ourselves different. Command like befriend and guard would help too like in group hunting. Yes it would be crazy to control 3 ferocious rancors, but if u can have other group members be able to control them with befried it would make it more of a group effort and help us control them. People dont hunt alone in pvp anyway. Creature handeler is pretty much the most solo profession in the game and we dont pvp much. (anymore) Thats why i think they should def make us stronger. we deserve it and it would balance the game out alot, and i could keep going on about this.
Ness_Gorath

Postby Ness_Gorath » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:52 pm

sry my comp is screwed up and it wouldnt let me quote you right. heh sry.
xiriss

Postby xiriss » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:55 pm

is there a post going on the swg main site for this?

I also think we should be upgraded to a higher pet level, I would say level 80 - 90 would be nice, I would understand if they uped the xp needed, though the work we go through now is enough to make up for a small increase in pet level, I woud also like to see an increase in the ch xp cap prior to master. I don't know about any other proff except tk, but with tk I could cap @ 600k xp the top level box requires 450k xp that leave you with 25% of the next box full

with ch we cap @ 160k the top level box requires 140k xp this leaves us with 13% of our next box full...
[img:9768354473]http://img121.exs.cx/img121/7882/crittersiggy2dw.jpg[/img:9768354473]

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”