Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

the end of tanking pets?

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
ranja123

Postby ranja123 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:51 am

We will see what happens...

They are not changing our pets for the upcoming CU nerf but say they will down the road. If any of this is implemented now it will mean a change in tactics only, let the pet get lots of aggro then cap the mob off with your rifle. I have been worrying about the TKM/ MCH lately but all it will mean is I need to rethink my style and tactics is all.

IF they change our pets down the road this will add another wrinkle in the dough but we will work around it (as always).

Buck up little camper! (I love the movie Better off Dead...) we will survive these changes :P
hossp

Postby hossp » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:10 pm

it appears that if you outdamage the pet..than you get the aggro..so a good weapon is no longer your friend...oh and another little tidbit of info from the ch forum..which by the way was quickly deleted..no more pet specials..yes specials for all creatures seem to have been removed thus far on TC
ranja123

Postby ranja123 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:57 am

I dont know how I missed this post Hoss, I pray that this doesn't happen.
Knowing the weeks upon weeks of camping I have done (and you exponentially more...) to lose our babies to a nerf bat the size of a super star destroyer.

IF this happens, what is the point of being a CH?
Frankly damage output on a pet for me is secondary, Specials and HAM are my first considerations. If it has good damage output then I will see the bar move as I destroy the opponents...

Reaping the benefits of Plague is one of the primary reasons I camped over 2 weeks RL to get my screetcher. Mobs cant heal black in their HAM... :P

They are nerfing the TKM to do considerably less damage, removing my armour, no more decent buffs and they are removing the disease glands out of my prized baby.

Whats next? Are they going to require us to cancel our cable accounts and go back to dial-up and won't allow us to have more than 128mb RAM in our systems??? :P

OHH WAIT!! Guildwars releases next week wheew... LOL!

Just wish I hadn't pre-ordered so I can see what really really happens when the CU turd drops... we WILL live thru for sertain this but at what cost who knows.

Sorry for the rant but I feel so much better now :P
Elainyn_Kabuki

Postby Elainyn_Kabuki » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:25 am

I'll admit, I'm not holding my breath. I feel that CH in general is getting a gut shot and a nasty one too. The pets don't listen to me at all - tell the pet to attack and all you see is a stupid look on its face and a !. So I get incapped by a stupid giant gubbur. No way to monitor pet health sucks as well.

Removing specials is a bad thing too. For on live, CH is what saves my butt. I might be around abit in the CU to see if I can live with this nasty nerf. Or is there something I'm missing in test? :x
[img:26ae2ad1f0]http://www.furiouspantaloons.org/pp/img/02509.jpg[/img:26ae2ad1f0]
Cyclone

Postby Cyclone » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:13 am

The expirience I had in EQ2 with summoners is let your pet build up HATE on himself for about 5 or more seconds then fire away... Your pet will keep aggro unless someone taunts the creature. Healing and buffing also ups your hate.
\"Si vis pacem, para belum!\"

Master Swordsman,
Master Creature Handler,
Medic!

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”