Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Im gonna cry!

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
stigmata

Im gonna cry!

Postby stigmata » Tue May 03, 2005 12:26 pm

Well, last night on Endor KICKED ASS!!! I tamed another Merek harvester and I got a Venom-Filled Arachne (get one, they have 393 attack and 6k HAM, and a got a Barkmite Burrower! However, it had its downside :( I've always wanted a Barkmite Queen, and last night I found a lair with a queen outside of it. I'm master pikeman (I'd suggest getting it) so I tapped the lair a few times and I was like ehh, no queen babies will pop. Well, one finally did! So I turned off my stereo (listening to some Gorguts, old school death metal) and drink a jawa beer, almond crunchy and prayed. First 2 attempts of taming, failed and on my 3rd try I would have sworn It would have been MINE! However, a regular barkmite spawned, and agor'd me and I had to run cause all of them chased after me. Well, the queen baby disappeared. I was sad but I know I'll find another :)
Anyone care for some corpse jello?
ranja123

Postby ranja123 » Tue May 03, 2005 12:57 pm

LOL!!

This happened to me last night for 6 times with a boar wolf tame...

\"You fail to tame\" \"You fail to tame\" \"You fail to tame\" \"You fail to tame\"

AGGRO!!!! Run Forrest!!!

I run like heck cause I am now in my taming garb...

I circle a few times avoiding aggro's and finally crawl back and set it to re-taming. \"You fail to tame\" DOH!! CMON I am a master....

AGGRO!!!! Here we go again :P

I just get outta range and Poof, Thank you for playing please tap this nest again fool...

I gave up and went home to tame my new spiders, the boar can wait. :)
stigmata

Postby stigmata » Tue May 03, 2005 3:40 pm

Yeah Boar Wolfs are bugged sorta, I saw someone pull one out. Also, I had the no taming bug but it only last on one lair.
stigmata

Postby stigmata » Wed May 04, 2005 1:54 am

Well, got my Barkmite Queen!!! Woohoo! I'm SO damn happy! Only need to get an Arachne Queen, GPS, Merek Queen and King (have a king already but I want one that doesnt have its name changed) and a Frenzied Graul.
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Thu May 05, 2005 3:03 pm

Do you have taming clothes? Without them, it might not be possible to tame a Boar Wolf unless you're a Wookiee. People have had that problem with Bull Rancors pre-CU.
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Thu May 05, 2005 3:53 pm

For my first set I gathered the resources myself (back when milk was a rare loot :evil:) and brought them to a BE, then the tissues to a tailor. That is one way to do it, but it is time consuming and you have to know enough about crafting to make sure you have enough resources.

You're more likely to find the clothes, or at least be able to special order them, from a Tailor since they make the end product. Hats are a really good choice as you can get a +25 bonus in one piece of clothing.

One change with the patch today is to the taming forumla, so this won't be such a huge issue anymore. I still recommend the clothes to make taming easier, but at least they won't be required.

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”