Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

How long does it take to fix a broken attack command?

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
ranja123

Postby ranja123 » Fri May 06, 2005 8:08 am

I know it isn't much help and I do feel your pain (literally) If available, use your guard command to at least give some measure of protection...
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Sat May 07, 2005 5:03 pm

If you're targeting an enemy while issuing guard (since you're probably doing it in the heat of battle), your pets won't be set to guard. Or they'll guard your enemy but be unable to attack you being their master...
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Mon May 09, 2005 3:53 pm

Have you tried telling them to follow, then issuing a guard/attack command? I saw someone post that it was helping them function better.

I wish I had the post-CU in-game experience to be able to give more advice than blind stabs in the dark.

As for when they will fix it, don't hold your breath. The last time CH was literally unable to function (running pets circa patch 6) all we got after two weeks was a dev comment that \"some pets are cowards\". They finally admitted after a month it was broken and it wasn't until the next patch it was fixed.
ranja123

Postby ranja123 » Thu May 12, 2005 3:06 pm

Ok I have seen this twice now, I can confirm it is a BUG! ack...

I have only seen this happen with my 56 Guureck BE pet however.

2 nights ago on Dath I was fighting with 2 pets and a bot, we finished the NS slaves and i prepared to move on.

/tellpet store
!
!

Huh??

/tellpet store
!

Umm Chopper go back to the Pet Abyss please...

/tellpet store
!

Ok this isn't funny anymore Chopper, bad dog, GO HOME! (Yes I said DOG!!)

without dragging this on, basically he would follow or stay but that is it.
I limped to the Science post and tried the radial, /store etc and no go.

I had to travel to Naboo and use the radial to store him.

Last night I get access to the dead zone in Kashyyyk (enough \"y's?\")

And I was fighting a Sith, same 3 pets and Chopper got cold feet and just stood there watching us get pwned by this guy.

I ran like an 8 year old to the door, guess what?! Combat did not frikken end...

I ran all the way back with the stupid music playing cause I couldn't launch my bike...

I get to and inside the space port with the stupid music still going and Darth buttfuzz still out there somewhere 3k away...

I had to Logoff and wait 20 mins before I could come back cause I'd log to the stupid music still playing and unable to store pets.

Its broke broke broke I tell ya, and what's with the laggimus maximus on the wookie planet??
ranja123

Postby ranja123 » Fri May 13, 2005 10:00 am

I dunno Liah,

I am hoping that when the dustcloud settles we get some specials back...
I am not holding my breath and I will keep all my deed'ed BE pets the way they are in hopes...

I notice that the spit specials seem to hit a bit harder, I was ganged up on by a bunch of flyers and some of the spit specials were hitting for almost 300 points.
Nytar

Postby Nytar » Mon May 16, 2005 1:33 pm

I can use my pet to pull, but unless it gets attacked by the target, he will not attack.

The process goes like this:
1. Blue ! pops up on top of his head for acknowledging my attack command.
2. Orange ! pops up on top of his head and target's head indicating that both are now in combat against each other.
3. I issue \"follow\". Another blue \"!\" pops up on his head.
4. Target will come to my pet and start attacking and the fight is on.

OR

4. Someone from my group attacks the target before the target lands a hit on my pet. My pet stands there doing nothing (but he is in combat mode).
5. Target dies and my pet is out of combat mode.

If for any reason the target does not die, for example I targeted something that is in a building and my pet and I were outside and combat does not occur, then my pet cannot come out of the combat mode. I cannot store him because he is in combat. When this happens, I have to duel with someone and get my pet incapped so that he gets out of combat.

We now have an \"esc\" key to get out of buggy combat. We need the same thing for our pets.
[color=#33CCFF:b375b202e1] Nyter:Genetics[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CCCC:b375b202e1] Tempest[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC99:b375b202e1] Naboo, Edoras[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC66:b375b202e1] 6228 -4316[/color:b375b202e1]

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”