Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

rare creatures

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
Sundell

rare creatures

Postby Sundell » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:26 pm

Ok i know of 2 that are supose to be rare according to SWG.

Arcane Webmaster Endor CL 50
Bull Rancor Dathomer CL <58>

Possible Rares

Arcane Widow Endor CL <56>

anything in < > is near to the cl since i'm not in game to double check CL's

what we need is everyone on the server that knows of SWG listed rares to post them, and possible rares listed also.

some servers may have a more frquencie of rares than others.

On Chilistra i have seen 1 arcane widow baby. and 2 or 3 webmasters (already tamed) none in the wild. and no bull rancor babys nor tamed bull rancors.

lets see what we can come up with on this.
Sundell Darklight
Master Creaturer Handler
Master Scout
Teras Kasi Master
Ranger
Chillistra
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:54 pm

Rare is really hard to quantify.

One way of doing it would be to have everyone go to their user profile and enter in all their pets. This would give a sense of rarity to held pets but not really rarity in the sense of in the wild.

Other than that, rarity is in the eye of the beholder (other than known examples like bull rancor, etc).
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Sundell

Postby Sundell » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:42 pm

hmmm an idea but i am dropping pets left and right tameing new ones to add into my inventory of useful pets i still have one or 2 that i have tamed just to tame because i was bored and it was there.

kimogila x2
Toxic merek battlelord x2
arcane warrior x2
gnarled rancor
rancor (i'll have to go back and count them)
graul mauler x2
crimson razor cats x2
gaping spider hunter
gleaming lantern bird
mature hanadak rock smasher
kadau (mount)
there are a few more, depending on where i go hunt i use them but the ones listed above are the most used.
as of last night add 2 arcane webmasters :D :D

(gleaming lantern bird is used as a moving sales sign from infront of our shuttleport to the front of my shop, his name is \"SaleFollowMe\")
Sundell Darklight

Master Creaturer Handler

Master Scout

Teras Kasi Master

Ranger

Chillistra
CrackerMan

CH

Postby CrackerMan » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:41 pm

I really wouldnt know because i havent looked, but the Master CH in my guild says there are loads of the different types of rancor babies on Dath in the Intrepid server, but besides test center, intrepid is the only server i play on and hence, i couldnt tell you anything about a majority of servers.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
From the CrackerMan
\"SALTINES\"

Master Marksman
Medic 0/0/0/3
Scout 4/0/4/0
CH 0/1/0/1
ranja123

Postby ranja123 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:11 pm

Hi all,

I have done some searching and have a few nice trophies for my labours.
Picket Longhorn (not so rare now lvl37)

Mantigrue screetcher (Lvl 55 and very rare) took 2 weeks of steady camping and several pets losing alot of vitality. The Plague strike is so much fun!

I am looking for but am not hopeful for the Bull rancor (too darn tough to camp) the Gaping spider queen (have not seen one) and I am looking for a King Merek harvester and Handaak ancient (both of which I hear may or may not exist).

Postby » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:57 am

hey crackerman whats yur name on intrepid?

Postby » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:55 pm

aww man looks like I'm going to hav to do a ton of camping.... nuts.

Postby » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:56 pm

oh hey ronja where did u fint the mantrigue screecher?
Nazgûl

Postby Nazgûl » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:55 am

What is rare? In my opinion there is a difference between missionable species and non-missionable species.

Although missionable babies might be hard to find, it is \"just\" a matter of doing missions again and again. Maybe it ma take weeks till spotting a baby at a mission lair, but it's kinda easy to find the species at all. And the time is not wasted because you gain credits, harvests and maybe loot at some species too.

But really frustrating might be the search for creatures that aren't available in missons. Almost no gain, but hours, days and maybe weeks of search with no guarantee of finding a spawn - and no guarantee, that just this spawn has babies. That is what i consider to be rare. Although, it's an extraordinary pleasure if you find such a baby at least :)

And finally, really rare of course are creatures, that can't be found anymore. Seems as if plains hunters dont spawn babies anymore (would be glad if someone could proof the opposite).
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them
Abraham F

Postby Abraham F » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:41 am

Ok these are rare imho

Arachne widow lvl 58...endor(got one)
Mantigrue screecher lvl 55...endor(got two)
Bull Rancor lvl 65....Dathomir
Swamp stalker lvl 32...Naboo(Got 1)
Rhoa Kwi Pack leader....Dathomir
Thune grassland guardian....Dantoine
Greater Plains Stalker Lvl 51 Corellia (if anyone have seen an adult on infinity europe pls reply)
Mereks Death head.....Endor
Gurreck lvl 50(semi rare) (have 3)....endor
cant remember any else

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”