Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Giant mounts

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
martyk
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist

Giant mounts

Postby martyk » Sun May 29, 2005 9:13 am

I just wanted to find out what kind of pets out there ae giant mounts. I meen, not like the giant carrion spat where you stunt the growth, but ones that grow ot full size after being mounted. The only one I know of now is the bol pack runner.
SHAZAM!
Elainyn_Kabuki

Postby Elainyn_Kabuki » Sun May 29, 2005 4:22 pm

Grizzled Dewies is one of 'em I think. Wasteland Cu pas are also big too - almost twice the size of the normal ones...
[img:26ae2ad1f0]http://www.furiouspantaloons.org/pp/img/02509.jpg[/img:26ae2ad1f0]
Yethka

Postby Yethka » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:25 am

My Swamp Humbaba mount is pretty tall. He's terrible to ride over rough terrain so I tend to pull him out only when I want a nice view from high on his back.
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:59 pm

Swamp Humbabas used to be the largest mounts. They were big enough to be sitting above the roof of a small house, even if it was on an embankment.

A very recent change (unknown if intentional) is that BE pets now seem to have their size based upon CL. Some truely massive mounts might be possible if putting a saddle on does not stunt their growth.
MiskoCH

Postby MiskoCH » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:53 am

seething bol crushers also are ones u can mount at full size
martyk

Re:

Postby martyk » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:18 am

[quote:aa4139fdf5=\"MiskoCH\"]seething bol crushers also are ones u can mount at full size[/quote:aa4139fdf5]

Ya, but I'm pretty sure that even though the SBC is stronger than the BPR, it's still smaller.
SHAZAM!
eklo

Postby eklo » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:55 am

I wasn't aware that Swamp Humbabas would take a saddle. Could you be thinking of Savage Humbabas instead? It was my understanding that they were the tallest mount. Mine is certainly my tallest mount.

At one time or another, in order to measure their speeds, I've had every mount. At least that's what I thought. I've recently noticed that more critters were listed that would take a saddle than I had previously thought. Maybe things changed more than I had thought, with the CU, because I thought I had done a thorough job in making the Mount and Vehicle Speed list in the CH FAQ on the main forum.

I received another surprise, a few weeks ago, when a cannibal dewback I had tamed grew larger than my mountain dewback, even thought the mountain dewback was the stronger animal.

Please pardon the rambling. I'm a little flustered at, apparently, making several glaring oversights.
Emaa
Starsider
Master Creature Handler / Master Ranger / Cu pa Handler #3
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:01 am

Swamp Humbabas can be mounted. Prior to the CU they had no babies, so they were not usable until then.
eklo

Postby eklo » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:21 pm

Ahhhh, that would do it. It seems I have some updating to do. Thank you.

I did recently raise a rogue bageraset to adulthood, hoping that it would now take a saddle, but it appears that it can't. Before the CU, I hadn't noticed baby rogue bagerasets.
Emaa

Starsider

Master Creature Handler / Master Ranger / Cu pa Handler #3
zowrath

Postby zowrath » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:40 pm

To get the biggest mount just get a BE to make a normally lower lvl mountable pet at a really high lvl. My lvl 60 dewback is massive.
Zaron Darkfire-MCH/MPistol/BH0040
High councillor of X-CORP
Mos Nakina, Scylla

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”