Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

what is the problem

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
hudsonbend

what is the problem

Postby hudsonbend » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:27 am

I have a lvl. 65 varactyl, and i heard they are supposed to be one of the fastest creatures in the game, but it couldnt even keep up with an x-34 landspeeder. so i tried burst-running beside it, lost it quickly, so i tried normal running still lost it. walking, and stopping every 15 steps seems to be the only way it will keep up with me, is this a glitch? And i have a kimo. and i expected it to be huge, like most of them are. but it is lvl, 36, i think right now, and it is tiny. it is only supposed to get lvl. 40, and it is only slightly bigger than a rill.
Electro

Postby Electro » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:25 pm

For the Varactyl, it's only fast as a mount. All pets since the CU got a huge speed downgrade, whether it be intentional or a bug. I think its silly that I can ride one Varactyl, and my other can't keep up.... but with the new ability system coming up with the next patch, maybe there will be a faster speed ability.

As far as the Kimo..... BE pets are now sized compared to their wild counterparts. A creature that is naturally level 10, but you have a level 70 BE'd one will be much larger than the wild version, as the level is much higher. For a Kimo, they are usually level 80, so even a level 70 Kimo will be smaller than a normal sized wild spawn, though not by much. A level 40, though, would be quite small compared to the natural ones.

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”