Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Profession help.....

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:50 am

Hi Bwookie,

Since I created my main character over 2 years ago, I have never changed his professions. He is a Teras Kasai / Creature Handler. This combo has advantages and disadvantages, like any combo would.

The advantages include that melee fighters have some nice defensive mods, so when we are standing in the middle of a lair and we are detected, we can take a lot of hits before we are in trouble. Rarely do I get incapped or killed, even in the most hostile CL70 lairs.

Another advantage is that melee fighters are good damage dealers and great tanks so we can be less discerning about which pets we use. I often taunt aggro from my pet to keep it from dropping during a battle. It saves on viability erosion too. It is a lot of fun to be standing alongside your pet. listening to it hiss and growl and grunt while it is fighting.

Disadvantages would include that we, as proximity fighters, increase the chance that we will be detected, since we are often standing in the midst of a crowd. Even with jawa beer and mod clothing and camo rings, my mask scent isn't good enough to fool that many aggressives. It can become frustrating and time consuming when your baby keep going aggro on you.

I also play a Carbineer / Creature Handler who is not master of either of his professions yet. I have a very hard time playing him because I just don't understand the dynamics of ranged fighting. I'll leave that up to someone far more qualified than me to discuss.
One tame at a time :)

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”