Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Learning Abilities

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
Saosis

Postby Saosis » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:43 am

You can check the abilities you know by using /train. Just make sure you have nothing targeted. By targetting your grand wrix and using /train you can teach it new abilities, if it has a free ability slot (check the datapad). If not go hunting with it until you get a system message saying your pet got a new ability slot. Hope this helps :)
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:56 pm

Learning an ability from a pet seems random to me. All I know for sure is that usually a lower CL pet gives it up quicker than a high CL pet. I don't group with my pet (don't know if this helps or not, but it seems to) and fight CL 80 creatures or higher.

Another thing I've done is to use multiple pets with the same special. For example, I used two carrion spats with aggression 1 at the same time. I learned the special in less than an hour. Same thing with two CL 1 kreetles with Thick Skin 1, only took about 20 minutes to learn.

On the flip side, I used a CL 44 creature to learn Imperiling Feint 1 and it took about a week to finally learn it. *shrug* Don't know if that helps or not :)
One tame at a time :)
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:22 pm

There is some speculation that learning an ability is more dependent upon the number of kills rather than how much xp you get. Nothing has been proven (and it is very hard with this system to do so), but it cannot hurt to send your pets against things that are much lower level then them for a few extra kills.

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”