Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Mounts and a few other quick??

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:36 pm

When a pet becomes mountable, you will receive the option to 'train pet as a mount' from the training list (the training list from the radial, not the /train list.) When you train it, the saddle appears out of thin air because we CH are a magical lot, ya know.

I tamed a giant carrion spat yesterday and the 'train pet as a mount' option was immediately available. I've also been taming CL10 cu pas for my guildmates and cu pas do not give the option to 'train pet as a mount' until they have rolled over at least 5 times, usually closer to 7 or 8 times. I would imagine that the bantha will require some experience before becoming mountable.

No more slots available sounds like a you are trying to /train a special to a pet who doesn't have a slot opened. Every special costs a certain number of 'points'. If you try to /train a special that cost 18 points to train and your pet only has 14 points available, you won't be able to /train him. You can see how many slots/points your pet has available in the datapad info page. Highlight the pet in question and read the data. :)
One tame at a time :)
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:18 pm

You can usually find a CH willing to give you a mount. If not, you can almost certainly find one willing to sell you a mount. Many of us try to carry around a ready-to-go mount for our friends and such, so it's not unheard of to find one fairly easily.

Barring that, there are a couple of Kashyyyk quests, but they aren't all that quick. The quest given by the caged Geonosian outside the big tree in Kachiro leads to a bolotaur mount. You'll need some piloting skills and you'll need some battle skills. Toughest part of the quest is retreiving something from the Geonesian Cave on Yavin IV. It's not too hard to get to if you have a friend or two helping out.

There is also a quest to obtain a Kashyyyk bantha. It starts with Mada Johnson on level 3 (I think) of the big tree in Kachiro. It's not a terribly hard quest, but it is involved and will require some time.

I can't think of any other quests to get a mount, well... the master CH varactyl quest if you got the digital download of RotW.
One tame at a time :)
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:25 pm

Because mounts now have to be leveled to be trained, I doubt many handlers will be willing to give them away. If you do find one, thank them profusely because that represents several hours of work now.
Electro

Postby Electro » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:14 am

I'll still give them away as long as I'm leveling for abilities. If I have a CL50 creature that I'm trying to get an ability for, I'll have a couple of CL10 mountables out at the same time so that they get training at the same time, as opposed to just having the CL50 out. I suppose once I get above CL60 training I won't be able to, but I've got a ways to go before then.
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:18 pm

The ability to fight on a mount was not purposefully removed as much as broken with the CU. [i:35d72ea91e]All[/i:35d72ea91e] attacks are now 'special' attacks since there is no longer a default attack. Special attacks cannot be made from a mount, so effectively you cannot fight from one.

The devs know about this and have said they will probably remove the slowdown, but mounts are not very high on the priority list.

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”