Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Knowledge Base

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
Zurlaboo

Knowledge Base

Postby Zurlaboo » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:14 pm

It was pointed out to me that the in-game knowledge base talks about 'rare looted items' that enable a CH to control creatures over CL70. Was it possible at one time and is that just old news? Or have I missed that tidbit of info somehow? Anybody know?
One tame at a time :)
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:58 pm

Most encouraging indeed :) Maybe that's where fleet foot 3 and some other elusive specials will start to show up, in CL70+ critters...
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:24 am

Here's how the process goes:

1) Tame creatures until you find one that has a special.

2) Train that creature like you would train any normal creature (attack, follow me, store, do trick 1, etc.)

3) Use that pet when you fight.

4) At some point (usually takes a good while) you will see a spatial message with orange letters saying that you have learned the pets special.

5) Once you have learned a special in this manner, you can teach it to other pets who have an open slot and sufficient ability points.

6) You have to use pets in battle to open slots and earn ability points.

Hope that helps :)

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”