Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Template questions

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
Drayen

Template questions

Postby Drayen » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:09 am

Hi all,

i got a quick question regarding my template

I was first going to go for

Master CH
Master Carabineer (0.0.4.4 Marksman)
Medic 4.3.0.0

Now i was wondering about the utility of beeing master carabineer and all those medic skills and though about another template, with no master besides CH :

Master CH
Carabineer 0.4.0.4 (cripling shot + KD) (0.0.4.0 Marksman)
Novice medic (nothing more - stim B's just for myself)
Ranger 4.0.3.0 (camo + tracks pet + creature knowledge to a certain extent) (Master scout as pre requisite)

What do you think ? I'm totally 100% pve, no intention to pvp at all, so i guess the carabineer template is enough..But would it be usefull to invest those lpoints in those 2 ranger trees?

Thanx in advance
ranja123

Postby ranja123 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:46 pm

Just my 2 credits worth, you are working against yer pets with Carboneer.
If you switch to pistols you can effect the Health pool and drop critters faster. I am Ranger 0 0 4 0, Medic 0 0 0 1, Master Ch, Pistoleer 1 0 3 0 and of course master scout. I think all the stats above are right... :)

This way I damage the Health pool with bleed 2 and body shot, double tap
I normally dont use armour as my pets tank well. I can track a falcon on a clody day (hehehe!) and heal myself and pets as needed. IMHO the perfecr PvE Creature handler.

With this combo, Bull rancor nests and no more than 2 at a time night sisters are the max I have attemped to fight.
Drayen

Postby Drayen » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:43 am

Thanx for your input Ranja :-)

I was expecting people to tell me that so few in ranger insnt usefull at all, or that i would need more medic, i didnt expect you to tell me my weapon was a bad choice :D I can understand that most of carabineer's special shots are made to damage the action pool, but my template will mostly rely on cripling shot (damages what pool???) and charged shot (for KD)

Maybe indeed, pistoleer would fit my needs better, i'll examine that :D

ANy other comments?
ranja123

Postby ranja123 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:45 am

Please keep in mind that is just my opinion, it works for me.
I have taken things out I should have no business fighting (Finished singing mountain clan missions... SOLO). No cheats or anything, lost alot of pet vitality on the last witch I had to fight...
She was red with 3 pets out and grouped... :)

Alot of peeps say commando with flamer is better, dunno never tried.

Hope this helps.
Drayen

Postby Drayen » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:14 am

hehe well, yeah, my question is more geared towards the use / interest of ranger skills then weapon.
I took a weapon because..well i felt i had to. But i would not want to be a commando any day. I just took a weapon to help my pets, not to do the job myself :-)
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:43 pm

As a personal opinion, the Wayfaring line is worthless. For creatures maskscent works as well or better (since you're not a master ranger). For NPCs it has always been ignored if you have poor faction, and soon it will be removed from working on them at all.

The knowledge skills and tracking are very useful to me, however.

Carbineer is useful if you have a pet that can dizzy. Let it dizzy an NPC then use the carbine's posture change or knockdown. (The other state effects aren't bad either.)

Pistols are nice too because of the wide selection of damage types and the health attacks.

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”