Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Master Creature Handler here...I SUCK AT TAMING.

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:52 pm

I'm pretty sure taming has been affected by the recent patch. I spent over 30 minutes trying to tame a CL 34 snorbal that would have easily tamed to me on my first or second attempt. I also tried to tame her CL 54 brother for over an hour before deciding I could spend my time more constructively. Hope this is just a hiccup...
One tame at a time :)
Motherslip

Postby Motherslip » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:35 am

[b:2771a3bb1d][color=yellow:2771a3bb1d]Yeah--taming is really weird.

Have you found it to be race-specific too? I mean, apart from the obvious Wookiee advantage. I have three MCH toons--a Wookiee, a Twi, and a Bothan. The Wookiee and the Twi have hardly any trouble if they wear clothing and take food, but the poor little Bothan gets aggro from stuff on NABOO, for pity's sake! Dunno what the diff is--but there is one. Her Bothan MCH husband gets the same treatment.

Anybody else have that problem?[/color:2771a3bb1d][/b:2771a3bb1d]
AKA TootsieDaWookie/Ithi Ok'a/L'essa Ru'Atha/Fewi Ik'Ra

Never met a creature I didn't like--well--except crawly ones--well--except stinky ones--well--I haven't met ALL of 'em, either------
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:24 pm

Almond-kwevvu crisp munchies are made at the novice chef level. If you know anyone who is grinding chef, they'd probably be happy to whip some up for you. It's one of the easier recipes and pretty good for grinding chef experience.
One tame at a time :)
Cyclone

Re:

Postby Cyclone » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:02 am

[quote:3655d9b02b=\"wazu\"]Thanks all. I bought a bunch of clothes today. Couldn't find any of the Walnut things, though.[/quote:3655d9b02b]

Just remember that the cap on clothes is +25 to taming. So any other points will be wasted (and clothing spots :wink: )
\"Si vis pacem, para belum!\"

Master Swordsman,
Master Creature Handler,
Medic!
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:52 am

Hmm....i just started up again a couple days ago, and for some reason i dropped CH before i quit, and i had like 3234 or somethin good like that...now im about to get CH again. How does CH work with the new combat system?
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Motherslip

Re:

Postby Motherslip » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:09 am

[quote:e761e28a0a=\"Juicer\"]Hmm....i just started up again a couple days ago, and for some reason i dropped CH before i quit, and i had like 3234 or somethin good like that...now im about to get CH again. How does CH work with the new combat system?[/quote:e761e28a0a]

[b:e761e28a0a][color=yellow:e761e28a0a]Hey Juice!

Ummm...do you want the good news, or the bad news? :P

The good news is...as a novice, you will really like the fact that babies can fight from the get-go at full strength! And you can grow the low level ones really quick! And you can \"sculpt\" critters to your liking, because they come with talents now and you can both teach them and learn from them!

Erm--then comes the not-so-good news--like it takes roughly the grind of a couple jedis to level up a posse of high level pets and to learn their skills. To become a full-template MCH with all three levels of all 22 skills (some of which have never been FOUND yet, never MIND whether they actually WORK or not)--well, suffice it to say that it ain't been done yet. :?

Add to that the grand news that we will now be given the beautiful carrot of taming up to level 80 critters, provided we can obtain the mysterious MCH taming necklace (presumably not wearable by Wookiees and Ithorians--THANK YOU, SOE). Of course, we have just discovered that this wonderful necklace is a loot drop from bosses on Mustafar--bosses that so far have been beaten only by groups of jedis camping at sites that spawn about every four hours and that drop the necklace on rare occasions (ah, do we hear the prices mounting, friends?).

So Juice, to answer your question, CH is about where it always has been, I guess--right in the old nerf batting zone. But if you love it, you love it--and I do, sigh. One of my toons is a Wookiee, and she will stay a MCH, even if all she can do is tame is CL70's and mutter ugly things at SOE. The other two MCH's will try to obtain necklaces and go for the gold.

BTW--welcome home! :D
[/color:e761e28a0a][/b:e761e28a0a]
AKA TootsieDaWookie/Ithi Ok'a/L'essa Ru'Atha/Fewi Ik'Ra

Never met a creature I didn't like--well--except crawly ones--well--except stinky ones--well--I haven't met ALL of 'em, either------
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:20 pm

thanks, ive missed it a lot. I'm not sure I'm gonna get CH again after talking to some people last night and going hunting with some jedis :D i really want to grind for jedi, and im not sure how much CH is gonna help me with that. I'm gonna try Ranger for the extra 250k or so exp to turn in each time i go to the village and see how that works out
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”