Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Thank you swgcreatures.com ! So sorry about the CU2

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:59 pm

I'd like to echo Mack's sentiment.

SWGCreatures has been a brilliant beacon to the Creature Handler community for a very long time. The amount of knowledge that has been compiled and presented here is mind-blowing. The selfless dedication of all those involved with this production has been truely remarkable! We could shower you with rose petals and hold a ticker tape parade down Broadway in your honor and it would only begin to hint at how indebted we all are to you guys.

Juntao, Lantyssa, and most recently Dorelli... I adore you, for all of your efforts, all of your patience, all of your wisdom, all that you've given of yourselves to us... the undeserving 'noobs' who have posted the same questions over and over ad infinitum. :)

Thank you for making sense when all else failed. Thank you for giving us clues as to why our newly trained cu pas wouldn't take a saddle. Thank you for teaching us about bio-engineered clothing and explaining it to us every time we asked. Thank you for having information about anything and everything related to the creatures in SWG. Thank you for the advanced search engine! Thank you for keeping our profession alive and vital for so long. And mostly, thank you for these forums.

These forums have been a gathering place for so many people over the years. They have been part of my daily routine ever since I found you. The people who visit and post are a very special breed. No flaming, no fighting, no disrespect... what a huge breath of fresh air this little haven has been.

Which brings me to this...

Thank you all. Thank you all my brothers and sisters in the greatest profession ever... anywhere! Thank you for sitting in the starports with me talking about your experiences as a Creature Handler. Thank you for playing 'I'll show you mine if you show me yours...' with your pets. Thank you for congratulating me on getting that kimo or that baby bull rancor. Thank you for asking me questions or asking for help. Thank you for making me feel so damn special about being a Creature Handler in SWG...

-Game Over-
One tame at a time :)
Motherslip

Postby Motherslip » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:04 am

[b:0e0536170d][color=yellow:0e0536170d]Let me add my thanks to Zurl's...

Thank you for your patience when I was a CH wannabe and had so many questions that you had answered soooo many times (but I didn't know that, yet). You all didn't make me feel stupid or presumptious, and you encouraged me to keep asking. As a result, I now have 3 MCH toons who will die soon, sob.

Thank you for being so dedicated to the critters of SWG. It made me feel less silly for my feeling that they were \"real\". Hence the very real pain I am feeling at their and my multiple deaths.

Thank you for this place we can come to talk about ideas, problems and funny stuff that happened out on the last planet where we were, or the last time we were able to spot a GPS.

Thank you for friends who frequent these boards--names I have grown used to, like old friends. Zurl, Juntao, Lantyssa, Juice--so many more.

Thank you for a home for my favorite profession. As I told Ko-Airi, We who are about to die salute you.[/color:0e0536170d][/b:0e0536170d]
AKA TootsieDaWookie/Ithi Ok'a/L'essa Ru'Atha/Fewi Ik'Ra

Never met a creature I didn't like--well--except crawly ones--well--except stinky ones--well--I haven't met ALL of 'em, either------
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:29 am

Thank you for the kind words. I am happy I was able to be a part of this community.
Motherslip

Re:

Postby Motherslip » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:27 pm

[quote:8211699d1c=\"Ragabash Moon\"][quote:8211699d1c=\"Taliesen\"]I am saddened that for 2 1/2 years I was never aware of this site. It saddens me further that I discovered it when we are all in despair over the loss of our profession.

I thank every one of the Creature Handlers whom have helped me over the years. I thank and adore my customers who asked to have pets trained with excitement and zeal.

I thank the non-CHs who are standing beside us and understand our pain for the loss of our pets, our profession our identity in a game we've loved for so long.

I've already seen the fire fall of the ignorant who are cheering the fall of \"Poke'mon Wars\" and it hurts. The people of Penny Arcade are all excited about the action-based combat to even care about the deceptive way in which this whole thing was implemented or that people who love their profession are saddened by it.

I am glad that you are here, a place to share our sorrow and our happy memories and I will be placing my babies on the stable of memorial in my profile.[/quote:8211699d1c]

Ditto. I also didn't find out about this site (got it from Taliesen in fact) until it was too late...

My heart and support goes out to those that bought the Trials of Obi-Wan expansion for the CH content, especially because had I not had to cancel my SWG account for financial reasons, I would have myself. I was about to come back finally to SWG, I've missed it so much, but Taliesen told me of the \"CU2\" events... and... I had to check my calendar to make sure it wasn't April... I kid you not that was my first thought... This is a cruel April Fool's joke on us... but it's not... cause it's not April. It's November. I think November is going to turn out being the worst month of the year for me. Six years ago, my cat died. My grandfather died a day later. Over the loss of my cat of 15 years, my dad had always loved my cat as much (if not more :) ) than me, and it hit him very hard. Then he got news that his father had died also. He had a nervous breakdown (he was prone to them, hiiiiiiiiiiigh stress and he snapped) and went to the hospital. The hospital oversedated him on a medicine he was allergic to (Adavan) and left him laying on his back on a flat mattress on the floor of an isolation room. He has sleep apnea. He stopped breathing. He's dead. Autopsy said he was in perfect health, 50 years old, body of a 35 year old. No cause of death. No cause of death, no lawsuit. November SUCKS.[/quote:8211699d1c]

[b:8211699d1c][color=yellow:8211699d1c]*Wookiee Hug*[/color:8211699d1c][/b:8211699d1c]
AKA TootsieDaWookie/Ithi Ok'a/L'essa Ru'Atha/Fewi Ik'Ra

Never met a creature I didn't like--well--except crawly ones--well--except stinky ones--well--I haven't met ALL of 'em, either------
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:32 pm

This was really one of the best communities I was part of. And I loved the game up until they got rid of my MBE status. Oh well. I don't think they realized how much some people could love parts of this game.
Yvesof Tabec
Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH
Resident of Minerva, Naboo
Valcyn Server

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”