Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Why bother

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
Balkroth

Why bother

Postby Balkroth » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:01 pm

Ok so maybe I don't understand the whole xp thing but here are my thoughts. Why even bother having two creatures out when your trying to get ch xp. You get ledd xp per kill (at least that is what i am seeing so far). Once I get master I can see how it will come in handy, but as for trying to get ch xp, having two creatures out is worthless. Seems kinda dumb to me. If your going to get less xp might as well grant additionsal pets 2 at master level.
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:26 am

I suppose it depends upon your combat abilities. If you can handle things while two paralopes assist you, then yes, you might as well use one. (Although in this case, you can make 50% of the xp if one get incapacitated so the redundancy isn't necessarily bad.)

What I did way back when was use a dalyrake matriarch with a bageraset. The dalyrake did the tanking while the baggie gave me xp. Under the current system this would give less xp than the bageraset alone, yet more than just the dalyrake. I would not have been able to keep the bageraset standing with some of the things I was fighting at the time though. It is a middle ground between the two.

Postby guest » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:56 am

yea my friend danielle agrees
Ocean

Postby Ocean » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:47 am

It all depends. I used to use a single BE'd razor cat, because he did insane damage for his level and I got good xp. Then I fixed him with the patch and he raised to level 30. He's awesome even for a level 30, but the xp sucks. So, I hauled out my level 17 and level 18 BE'd gurrcats. They poison and hit in the 300s. I use both for just slightly less xp, because it means I can kill things faster. Overall, the loss from using 2 pets is more than made up for when you consider how fast I can kill things. I get about 450-500xp per kill when doing the low level nightsisters and pikets. And before anyone wonders how, I'm also a Teras Kasi Master, so I do a lot of the damage. :P

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”