Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

New to CH

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
McCusto De'Taco

New to CH

Postby McCusto De'Taco » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:54 am

Has anyone mastered CH? if they have can they tell me how hard it was? my skills are 0/0/0/0 :mrgreen:
\"Through Passion I gain Strength.\"
\"Through Strength I gain Power.\"
\"Through Power I gain Victory.\"
\"Through Victory My chains are broken.\"

\"The force shall set me free\" - Sith Code. KotoR. 4,000 years before the birth of Luke Skywalker
Balkroth

Postby Balkroth » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:40 pm

It's tough. It just takes patients and time. I still havent mastered but i am 4 4 2 4. Almost there yaaa. My advice is once you can use a Greater Sludge Panther goto Dath and hunt Rancors. Oh a great starting animal is the Wrix. I forgot where it is found, but it is a awesome starting pet. Heh, iI still use mine lol.

Postby » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:13 pm

my advice is as soon as you get a creature around cl 20 go to dantooine and join a hunting party...then after you attack wait untill the target is around halfway trough his HAM bar, then send in ur pet after it attacks recall it and get the full amount of xp.
i mastered ch this way and im pretty sure its one of the fastest ways to get xp.
although you get less xp then from a rancor with a group you will kill the targets faster and you have many missions. this way there is less downtime.

hope this helps you (or i hope you can even make sense of it...my english isnt really good :)
Husarz

Postby Husarz » Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:34 am

Join enrage rancors group on Dathomir :)
unagi-sashimi

Postby unagi-sashimi » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:09 am

I can't agree more with the Greater Sludge Panther. I bought one from a CH very early on in my dabblings. I still have him. He's my favorite pet. I've had him out hunting on every planet, and will never get rid of him. I'm nowhere near master, but if you can get a GSP, I advise it. Not only are they great in battle, but they look cool.
Unagi-Sashimi Caviar
Gorath
<uWo>
Mon Calamari
Master Heavy Swordsman
Creature Handler 1-4-1-2
Brawler 2-0-4-0
Scout 4-0-4-1
Manmas

Postby Manmas » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:44 pm

i have 3 sludge panthers that i got for FREE from retireing master CH (i got a rancor for 15k and a graul mauler for 10k too) i cant use them yet but apprently they are pretty much the most useful pet.
Ocean

Postby Ocean » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:38 am

I don't know WHY GSPs are considered a useful pet. There are a lot of choices out there and while GSPs ARE one option, they're not the end all and be all of CH. I had three at one time, one a retiring CH gave me and two I tamed. I ended up releasing two of them because no one wanted them. I don't think I've used my GSP in battle once, honestly. Of course, I have a couple of BE'd level 17 gurrcats with some insane kinetic resistance, damage, and special attacks I'm using to grind up.. (hint for new CH's: lower level pets give more XP. Get yourself an excellent BE'd pet for griding your CH xp and save yourself a lot of headache).

Yeah, GSPs are nice and large and pretty cool looking all in all, and I DO like them, I just don't understand the big attraction.
Husarz

Postby Husarz » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:17 am

It was big attraction befoer CH nerf. They was lvl 23 pet whith light armour, its means 3 good pets out for master CH.

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”