Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

great plains stalker

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
Foran Arihen

great plains stalker

Postby Foran Arihen » Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:20 pm

Im currently trying to tame a great plains stalker cause i think theyre cool. If i tamed 2, how much could i sell one of them for?
Uraun

Postby Uraun » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:17 pm

Not sure, but most people that are looking for one would probably want to catch their own. Good luck finding one though, let alone two. :lol:
Foran Arihen

Postby Foran Arihen » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:58 pm

ya, i just started my main hunt for them and after about an hour and a half i found a adult one. Lol, chances of finding a baby r slim. And chances of finding 2 is even slimmer. Thanks for the luck.
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:12 pm

When you find an adult, kill it and back off a bit. (Make sure your pets are well outside the spawn range because they will be attacked if not.)

They come in four spawns and if a baby is going to show up, it is usually the later ones.
Bugboy

Postby Bugboy » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:57 am

Anyone have any suggestions about finding these? I've searched for hours and hours, checked the published waypoints and have now resorted to a sort of grid search of the lowland plains area of central Corellia. Not one found, I even had a scout helping me for a while. Although I did spot a Grand Wrix baby that I tamed, the search has been fruitless. Do I need to work my scout back up or is that just make it a bit easier?

Also, has anyone found in general that the pet waypoints published here are consistent across all servers?

I'm also seeing conflicting reports as to whether the GPS even spawns babies, can this be confirmed with the latest patch that show on adult examination whether an animal has babies or not?
Ciubeka

Postby Ciubeka » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:03 am

i found most of their spawns to E of Coronet... ever a group of 4 of 5 adult stalkers, but they dont respawn immediatly, but after hours or days sometimes. is a random spawn too so not ever in that place
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:24 pm

As of July 12, 2004, examination still says they are tameable :)
Jalapeno

Postby Jalapeno » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:31 pm

@Bugboy

I find the Ranger skill area track to be priceless, SOMETIMES, lol when it works it is great but seems to get hung up the longer you are out, with a fresh restart every couple hours like 4-5 for my 2000 ram, it works great tho, lots things i have found on the edge of my track list i would have missed without it :)
Jalapeno - Bothan Creature Handler/Ranger

(used to be) WTS Grauls and Maulers PST

new remark to come :)
JettSun

Postby JettSun » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:05 pm

I just use my map radar to find animals. I used this method to find and locate a Great Plains Stalker. I saw a solitary red blip on my radar and went to investigate. It was a GPS.

I killed it and waited for a baby to spawn but nothing. Then an adult GPS spawned in and I killed that too. After a few minutes another adult GPS spawned in and it immediately aggroed me but I killed it too.

Still no baby. So a total of three adults spawned and nothing. No lair anywhere to be seen. Waypoints were 995, 1541
Isobi

Hey

Postby Isobi » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:37 pm

Im hunting 2 is any1 on shadowfire?i have found no 1 atm
I'm trying my hardest to get a NSEL if u can join a mission with me you always know who can get u free pets anytime im on........Shadowfire is where im at :) My fav pet is Hawk the Grand Wrix and Spikez the Kimogila

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”