Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

The Mighty Gurreck

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
Zurlaboo

The Mighty Gurreck

Postby Zurlaboo » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:59 pm

Wow, am I ever impressed with this pet! I'm ready to dump my entire menagerie and fill it with gurrecks. :) Without a doubt, the best all-purpose, natural pet I've had to date. Course I'll prolly sing a different tune when I get a screecher or a widow or a bull :)
Xakk (Flurry)

Postby Xakk (Flurry) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:28 am

Here here! The gurreck's are indeed mighty...but they are but pet food to the new BE monsters that are being made.
I love the BE pets for their combat toughness, but there is just something special about taming your own pet....Oh how I wish there were some natural pets that could compete with the BE ones.
Seffy

Postby Seffy » Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:03 pm

i totally agree with Zurlaboo 8) ,

I too have most of my datapad with various gurreks (cant resist taming a gurrek baby! whichever type)

Although i dont fully agree with BE pets, I also have a lvl68 BE gurrek and he can pretty much take care of himself :D
I'm against animal testing, they get all nervous and give all the wrong answers ...

SethoS Doomcrafter
Europe-Chimaera

www.doomcraft.com
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:11 pm

I've noticed that some gurrecks are brown with black trim and some are more ruddy with red trim. Anyone know if there is a difference?

I was watching my red gurreck fight and started getting these waves of deja vu. Then it hit me! So I hit it back!! No, seriously, the way the gurreck fights; crouches and springs while swatting with it claws; does a vertical leap and pounces on the mob; raises its hindquarters between volleys; when I figured it out, I smiled and showed my son who also smiled.

We tried to name it Red XIII, but it wouldn't take, so we settled for Nanaki :)
One tame at a time :)
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:25 pm

Red XIII? how bout u call it \"a Crimson Razor Cat\"? by the way u described its fighting thats what it sounds like :D ill have to look up the gurreck thing on the search
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:26 pm

http://www.swgcreatures.com/searchlisting.asp?searchtext=gurreck

for anyone that doesnt know what a gurreck is
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Ocean

Postby Ocean » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:08 am

Color doesn't matter, but it sure makes for nice variety! I've tamed and released a few giant carrion spats for instance, taking a color I didn't care for just so I'd have the mount. But, when I found the color I wanted (red), I released my old (orange) and tamed new.

The gurreck I tamed last night is a nice dark almost burgundy color. I am so happy! I hate that light sherbet orange and neon orange on the gurreck skin. Icky! :P And the standard brown they all used to be is just BO-RING. :)

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”