Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Pet Growth

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
Juicer

Pet Growth

Postby Juicer » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:03 pm

Is there any way to make a pet grow up faster/slower? Like if I take one out and use it to fight a lot, or just have it out to follow me around, will it grow up faster? Also, does feeding it help it grow up or get stronger or anything?
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
phebus

Postby phebus » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:34 pm

Using pets for fighting as a ch seems to make the pets grow much faster. At least twice as fast as storage growth if not faster I'd say depending on how many mobs it managed to attack before being dtored.

I can't comment on wether just having them out makes them grow faster because if they're out i use them to fight or to ride.

I did however meet a new CH who complained that his pet (lvl 12 rock beetle) wasn't growing. Turns out it was being incapped at least every play session then stored after being incapped rather than used again. It had stayed lvl 1 for 4 days almost as if the incap removed any exp the baby may have gained for growth.

What would be interesting is to find out if different species level faster than others? I swear some creatures aren't as easy to train as their same level and ferocity counterparts, especially from my experience, insects.
Dwarf Nuna rock!!
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:01 pm

[quote:c30bf256d4]What would be interesting is to find out if different species level faster than others?[/quote:c30bf256d4]

Yeah, i think some do grow faster than others. I tamed a baby Bull Bantha (CL 20) the other day and it was at lvl 2. I didn't use it very much at all, but the next day it grew to level 8, then later that day to level 14. The next day (third day i had it) it grew to level 20. I hadn't used it very much or even had it out, but it grew extremely fast.

Then i tamed a baby Female Razor Cat (CL 22) and i've used it atleast an hour a day, and after 5 days it still hasn't fully grown. So i think some pets do grow faster than others...
Gath

Postby Gath » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:45 pm

Having few pets make those few pets grow much faster. At least if its the only pet you have in the datapad (a friend got a pet to grow to full incredibly fast).

Its said in the manual that feeding pets make them grow faster, I cant either confirm or deny this. Whenever I fight with a pet I tend to feed and make them do tricks a lot too.

Something worth testing (if you absolutely want to do everything) is that pets that I havent fought with but that my friends (and me) have petted a lot seemed to grow about as fast as the pets that I fought with. However, I also didnt have all that many pets when I did this, so it could just be that it grew fast due to that.
tido

Postby tido » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:45 am

This not directly an answer for the question, but i have expirienced this:

1. i tamed 2 delirious merek avengers
- one is named Reaper, the other is Avenger.

Facts:
- Reaper was tamed first, after 20mins i tamed Avenger.
- Reaper was the first i trained (commands).
- I havent called out neither of them.
- my datapad is not full of pets :P

Avenger reached adulthood yesterday morning, Reaper is 36(40) even today!, for some reason its growing up a lot slower pace.
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:31 pm

weird.
martyk
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist

Postby martyk » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:32 pm

I think the speed a pet grows at is based on ur CH skills. For example, I was on (damnit, what's the planet with the kilkniks again?) and tamed a pair of kilkniks. Later that day, I gave one ot my friend who is a higher lvl in CH than me. 2 days later when I wanted to have a pet battle between our 2 klikniks, I saw that while mine was still CL 10, his was CL 15.
SHAZAM!
xiriss

Postby xiriss » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:46 pm

interesting, I have noticed a faster growth rate since I have gotten my ch skills so much higher now...

hmmmm
[img:9768354473]http://img121.exs.cx/img121/7882/crittersiggy2dw.jpg[/img:9768354473]

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”