Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Taming Clothing

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
Adraelden

Taming Clothing

Postby Adraelden » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:14 pm

Okay, quick question. I bought some taming/vicious taming BE clothing. My \"max lvl of pets\" is still 18, while my \"taming wild creatures is +20/+36\" and my vicious is 0/+16. Does this mean I still can only tame lvl 18 creatures, and if so, then what do the bonuses do for me? Please clear this up for me, for I am one confused CH noob. :) Thanks.
Adraelden
~CH/Medic/Pistoleer
~Bria galaxy
tido

Postby tido » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:06 am

yeah, you got it right somewhat. :)

The clothing will only raise \"taming wild creatures\" & \"taming vicious creatures\", \"Max Lvl of pets\" will only raise after each skill box you gain.

The cloths greatly lessen the tries you take when taming vicious/wild creatures, like rancors and so on. Sometimes it only takes one try. But you stil cant tame anything beyond your \"max level of pet\" .
Xanth

Postby Xanth » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:21 am

There are lots of times when I can't tame without having my clothes on (hehe bad mental image of me running naked through corellia :shock: ) anyways....a good set of BE taming clothes is priceless and I wouldn't be caught without any. I've heard of taming hats, but can boots or gloves be made ? It would be nice to be able to leave my chest/pant armor on in case of an aggro.
Domain

Postby Domain » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:45 am

As far as i know, chest legs and hat are the only BE'able cloths the rest dont have have slot's for the tissues, also bandolier's can be BE'd but you cant use an backpack at same time. :roll:
Domain Egea - Europe Farstar
Teras Kasi Master
Master Bio-Engineer
Electro

Postby Electro » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:04 am

The are no BE clothing pieces for hands or feet. As for bandoliers..... there are BE slots for most bando's, but they are for combat tissues and not CH or healing tissues. And they take up your backpack slot.

If you want something easy, just get a hat. There are a couple of hats that you can fit +25 in (sunguard is the one I have, there are 1-2 others).
Shesra

Postby Shesra » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:42 pm

twi'leks can't wear hats. it sucks. I found a nice +25 taming hat and +25 taming pants, but I can't wear the hat... oh well, at least I have nifty taming pants :)
[b:5b28411213]Shesra D'uk[/b:5b28411213]
Novice Creature Handler
BarterTown, Tatooine, Scylla
lammergeier

Postby lammergeier » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:58 pm

I just keep a +25 smock around. smocks can use TWO tissues, and they don't have to come from a factory crate. they're limited to males and nonwooks, but they're handy.

I'm getting a new set of clothes made in a bit, when the factories are done, and I'll be getting a single set with +25 mask and +25 taming.

as for what the +taming mods do...

your Max CL of pets stat is the number of CL total you can control. if you have 'additional pets +2' from CH xxx3 (or +3 at master), this is an aggregate number.

your 'taming wild creatures' mod is the CHANCE you have to tame anything nonaggro within your max CL range.

your 'taming vicious creatures' mod is the CHANCE you have to tame anything aggro within your max CL range.

since you have NO skillmods that affect 'vicious' creatures until CH 2xxx, you can't tame aggros at ALL... like kreetles, which are well below the CL cap of even a novice CH...

UNLESS you have taming clothes, or are a wookiee. with taming clothes (up to +25) or the wookiee racial bonus (+10), you can tame aggros within your CL range WITHOUT the CH 2xxx skill.

oh... and +25 is the CAP for all taming/maskscent/etc mods from clothing. +26 and up is a waste.
xaq, Bloodfin
Zaw ZeroEight, TestCenter
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:55 pm

Twi'leki have lekku wraps though. They take tissues, one with three slots even.
Lordfett

Re:

Postby Lordfett » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:25 pm

[quote:39a5e3f5ba=\"lammergeier\"]UNLESS you have taming clothes, or are a wookiee. with taming clothes (up to +25) or the wookiee racial bonus (+10), you can tame aggros within your CL range WITHOUT the CH 2xxx skill.[/quote:39a5e3f5ba]
Actually this shouldn't work. If you don't have the skill, the mod can't do anything. It only increases the current skill, it doesn't give it to you.
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:46 pm

The Tame Vicious skills works a little differently for handlers. It WILL allow a non-Wookiee handler to tame aggressive babies within their level cap.

It works because when taming, it only checks against your skill level, not the innate level. Non-handlers still cannot tame because they do not have the /tame command.

(Terrain Negotiation is one of the other skills like this, although more useful since it is a passive skill.)

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”