Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Singing Mountain Clan Rancor

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
Kriegan'shka

Singing Mountain Clan Rancor

Postby Kriegan'shka » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:54 pm

I saw something very interesting the other day on Dathomir. First I found this bridge spanning a very deep valley, that in real life would be about two miles long. It went from mountain top to mountain top, supported by floating, magical looking supports. At each end were small fortresses, and four Gorgeous Singing Mountain Clan Sentrys. Very pretty and their outfits were awesome. They were friendly and so I was able to get a \"really\" close look at them... :)

Nearby were several groups of NightSister slaves...And after kicking a few of their butts and getting no loot worth keeping I crossed the bridge. On the other side I found four more pretty ladies, and more slaves. I continued on and in the distance, in the twilight, I saw the dark shape of a giant Rancor. I quickly chugged a couple brandy. scarfed down two canape and one ahrisa and prepared for battle.

As I got closer another red blip appeared on my radar and I could make out another black shape of another rancor about the same size. As I continued to move in their direction a total of five red dots appeared on my radar and I could now visually see four giant rancors. I targeted one and its title was \"Singing Mountain Clan Rancor\". BUT.... There were five red dots and only four rancors that I could see. So I started hitting my targeting key, and cycled thru each dot til I came to the one I was searching for. The name of that dot was \"Singing Mountain Clan Rancor Tamer\"....Zowie !! Wouldn't you love to have his job... :)

Needless to say I didn't attack, and wasted all those food buffs...well not entirely. I did run into some \"surefoot brackasets\" shortly after saying goodbye to the tamer. And loaded up on hides for my artisan at 170 units per critter.

If any of you would like the WP to that bridge I think I still have it in my datapad. I've been back there a couple of times to show friends and its seems to be a permanent feature on Dath.
xiriss

Postby xiriss » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:45 pm

I would love the waypoint, please
[img:9768354473]http://img121.exs.cx/img121/7882/crittersiggy2dw.jpg[/img:9768354473]
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:59 pm

I know that bridge. It is a wonderous sight to behold. I like the whole Nightsister/SMC thing on Dath. Got to be the coolest costumes in the game.

But I gotta wonder...

Nightsisters and SMC witches are always female, yet the slaves are usually male. So where are these males before they become slaves? Do the witches keep them locked up in a secret cave, doing unspeakable things to them? Or are they just hapless random males who happened to stumble upon the wrong coven at the wrong time? *shrug*

Anyway, Kriegan, if you don't still have the wp, I think I do. I'll make note of it tonight and post it tomorrow if you haven't already posted it :)
One tame at a time :)
Nytar

Postby Nytar » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:06 pm

[quote:b2cfa2123f]Nightsisters and SMC witches are always female, yet the slaves are usually male. So where are these males before they become slaves? Do the witches keep them locked up in a secret cave, doing unspeakable things to them? Or are they just hapless random males who happened to stumble upon the wrong coven at the wrong time? *shrug*
[/quote:b2cfa2123f]

Crap! That sends a shiver along my spine!

That's prolly why they take your bikes down.
Immobilze you.
Capture you.
Take you to an unknown place.
And then... :shock:
[color=#33CCFF:b375b202e1] Nyter:Genetics[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CCCC:b375b202e1] Tempest[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC99:b375b202e1] Naboo, Edoras[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC66:b375b202e1] 6228 -4316[/color:b375b202e1]
xiriss

Postby xiriss » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:43 pm

:shock:
lol nytar.

I have yet to set foot on many planets, if some could point me the direction of some more great sights that would be cool.

I have used the POI waypoints but they are not all that, unless you are going for Jedi ( I think ).
[img:9768354473]http://img121.exs.cx/img121/7882/crittersiggy2dw.jpg[/img:9768354473]
Kriegan'shka

Postby Kriegan'shka » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:19 pm

Hi...You betcha ! I'll get that WP for ya. I'm pretty sure I still have it. I know where the slaves come from. From the poor bastards that get their swoops blown out from under them by the NightSisters and don't have the ability to fight them off...Like all the dudes with ranged combat that can't fight up close and personal like us TKM's can..... :) Heh, But even I've had a few close calls myself. Luckily in my case I had my big Wookie MBE/TKM bud at my side during most of my my confrontations with NS.

One night I had a 90% swoop my alt made for me hit twice by NS while hunting rancors when Carnivore meat was getting 25/50 cpu prices. I had to walk off and leave that one. luckily my bud had a backup to loan me....And I never go to dath now without a backup myself.... :)
xiriss

Postby xiriss » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:36 pm

great also my ingame sn is Xiriss Bear if you want to add me to your friend list, I am on the bloodfin server
Warrote

Postby Warrote » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:14 pm

Just head west along the river from the northern outpost on Dath. Stay high on the hill as you follow the river. You'll come across the bridge and it spans the river to the mountain at the northernmost part of Dath.

Warrote of Bloodfin
Master Creature Handler
Master Rifleman

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”