Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

swamp stalkers and sand panthers

Discussions pertaining to the creature handler profession
Taime Sixx

swamp stalkers and sand panthers

Postby Taime Sixx » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:55 am

I've been hunting for a baby swamp stalker for a few weeks now on the Chimaera Server. I've found 3 spawn points so far, but only get 3 adults on each. These spawns seem most active around 6:30pm GMT. Can anyone advise me if this is the best time to hunt Swamp Stalkers? Also one of the loading screens refers to the Sludge Panther as a relation of Corellia's Sand Panther, Is the Sand Panther going to be a new creature?
hossp

Postby hossp » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:13 am

couldn't say if there is a good time to get one..seems to depend on server traffis..i have tamed 3.. one on a sunday afternoon and i believe the other 2 were in the evening..you are on the right track..keep doing what you are doing, it will come

and i never heard of a sand panther
hossp

Postby hossp » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:43 am

actually i just got my 4th, today, around 4pm central standard time. i was moving inventory around, and have a house east of keren, as i was heading out there, i was looking around and found a spawn, third was a baby..was kind of in a hurry, didn't wait for the 4th
Taime Sixx

Postby Taime Sixx » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:50 am

gratz, on your 4th baby :)
Guess the best thing i can do is to keep checking the spawns i found, and hope for the best (keeping my fingers crossed for a white one).
BTW the Sand Panther is mentioned in a loading screen i saw about the Sludge Panthers as i was heading for Talus.
Taime Sixx

Postby Taime Sixx » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:33 pm

Finally, after weeks of checking spawn points i now have a Silver Grey Swamp Stalker baby. Now, I can start getting fussy, and look for a White one :)
Thanks to Hossp for his advice.
Pasha

Postby Pasha » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:00 am

When the game was in bata the cats on Corellia were called Sand Panthers.They are also called this in the strategy guide.Before the game went live they changed the name to Razor Cat,why i dont know.I assume that they never changed the load screen that you are seeing.

Pasha BEAST Radiant
Taime Sixx

Postby Taime Sixx » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:49 pm

Thanx Pasha, I think that must be the answer. Shame tho, would be cool to have a new big cat in the game (even nicer if it didn't look like a Razor cat or a Gurrcat ) :)

Return to “Creature Handler Discussions”