Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

/tellpet

Frequent novic CH discussions
Caddmuse

/tellpet

Postby Caddmuse » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:03 pm

Trying to be considerate and not clog up the spatial window so I started making macros using /tellpet. I am however experiencing some trouble using those macros when it comes to training newly tamed creatures. Can I use a /tellpet macro when training or only after the creature has been trained?
M'thyk Muse
Eclipse
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:21 pm

It can be used when training, but remember that the command must be longer than 1 character, ie, no 'A' or 'F', etc.
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Caddmuse

Postby Caddmuse » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:38 pm

Thanks - :D
M'thyk Muse

Eclipse
BlindTyldak

Postby BlindTyldak » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:28 am

Also remember that /tellpet is very, very iffy for some people. I've never been able to use it for training, and I only have about 50% success using it for commands. The only thing it seems to work for all the time for me is tricks, so you may want to do a trial run before making /tellpet your permanent macro.
Drayen

bleh

Postby Drayen » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:19 am

I tried the tellpet command for most of my pets (only 2.4.1.3 CH here) and it seems like it only really works when you add the pet's name to it with the brackets

/tellpet a doesnt work
whereas
/tellpet (Kiki) a does

I like the tellpet command to avoid channels spamming of commands, but i find it REALLY boring that you got to use the pet's name in it, because if (which is iften the case at lower CH level) you want to try out and use different pets, they all have to have the same name or you have to change the macro each time for it to work :-(
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:15 am

You do not have to use the name, just make sure the command is more than one character long. 'A' will not work, 'Attack' will work.
Master CH/BE Farstar
Drayen

Postby Drayen » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:43 am

[quote:e6bd7287d4=\"Ferret\"]You do not have to use the name, just make sure the command is more than one character long. 'A' will not work, 'Attack' will work.[/quote:e6bd7287d4]

doh!! i'll try that!

Thanx for the tip!!
Lendog

Postby Lendog » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:04 pm

I would like to make micros to train my pets for all my commands.
can you give me a couple samples on how to?
Lendog

Postby Lendog » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:25 pm

sry....with the /tellpet command (see above)
CrackerMan

tellpet

Postby CrackerMan » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:19 pm

/tellpet has NEVER worked for me no matter how many different forms or variasions i use. I try using sigle letter and multiple letter commands, using the pets name and not using the pets name, ive had all my critters trained by a master so i have all the commands, and no command works, so I dont mean to be inconsiderate, but since this is JUST a game, screw /tellpet and im using single letter commands, just for my convienience.

From that inconsiderate little SOB
crackerman
From the CrackerMan
\"SALTINES\"

Master Marksman
Medic 0/0/0/3
Scout 4/0/4/0
CH 0/1/0/1

Return to “CH Newbie Help Zone”