Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Good starting pets to train for new CH'ers

Frequent novic CH discussions
Wism

Postby Wism » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:35 pm

[quote:8667a96c2e=\"ColdBrew\"]How do you get exp for CH when you are at 0 0 0 0? Don't you have to group them to get exp from fighting? Do I just have to tame and release over and over to get started.

Also I looked up some of the creatures above.
Blurrg Level 10 (ham 4900, 4800, 3900)

Razor Cat Level 10 (ham 4700, 4600, 3700)

And in the database they are listed much higher levels than 10. I think the razor cat was 22. So how can you tame one when you have 12.

Can I only tame babys? Or can I tame the adults if they are low enough level?[/quote:8667a96c2e]

1) You dont have to be grouped with the pet for it to get CH Xp. You have the Attack command at novice.

2) Level 10 pets mentioned are BE pets. Because of their high HAM, damage would probably be significantly lower than they wild counterparts.

3) You can only tame babies.

4) If you can find \"Sweesonberry Rolls\" at your chef vendor, use this to buff your pets. Allows me to use my pets even before they are fully grown. Plus its really cool watching your pet say \"Yummy\" when you feed it. Adds abit more Role Play.
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:20 pm

Should probably mention that if you do use stat buff food on your pet, don't use the 'feed' command from the radial. Instead you have to open your inventory and drag the food over your pet and drop it. If you do it right, your pet will say 'yummy'. You can drag a whole stack by the way. Pet will only eat one and the rest will be placed back into your inventory. :)
One tame at a time :)
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:10 am

[quote:4eaba66b9d]How do you get exp for CH when you are at 0 0 0 0? Don't you have to group them to get exp from fighting? Do I just have to tame and release over and over to get started.

Also I looked up some of the creatures above.
Blurrg Level 10 (ham 4900, 4800, 3900)

Razor Cat Level 10 (ham 4700, 4600, 3700)

And in the database they are listed much higher levels than 10. I think the razor cat was 22. So how can you tame one when you have 12.

Can I only tame babys? Or can I tame the adults if they are low enough level?[/quote:4eaba66b9d]

Whoever told you that MIGHT have been talking about Female Dire Cats, which are level 10, but you cant tame them yet because they are aggressive....but when you get Creature Taming II you can tame stuff with 10 Ferocity :)
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Ukyo Ranzou

Postby Ukyo Ranzou » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:41 am

get someone to tame you a cu'pa or something similar (Rocke Beetles like someone said) that is a low enuf level for you to use.

-Go to tatooine or another starting planet.
-Go to city outskirts
-Tell your pet to attack something you can kill really easily
-Kill the enemy one the pet hits it (this is where a Cu'pa is great (might have to be grown a bit... mine was level 5 I think when I got given it from a CH in my guild), if you are a good distance, they will spit at it, allowing you to hit the enemy before it hits your pet.
-Rinse and repeat

After I got 1/0/0/1 I worked a bit on my own, but the other day while on dath helping another Guildie find a Rancor, he buffed my pet Gurr Cat (from same CH who gave me the Cu'pa) and I levelled VERY quick, around 800xp per kill with hardly any damage to my pet (also had a combat medic with us, who was using area stims tho)
I just healed when it needed it with pet stims, and got my 1/1/1/1 in around 30min -40min max

Now im waiting for another chance to go looking for a Rancor with him, ill get 2/2/2/2 then, since I have higher pets, Ill be sending em in from the get-go :wink:

If you are on Valcyn, Ill be happy to give you a hand with your base levelling, as well as the training for it :)

Return to “CH Newbie Help Zone”