Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Good starting pets to train for new CH'ers

Frequent novic CH discussions
Kurt

Good starting pets to train for new CH'ers

Postby Kurt » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:05 pm

ok first off.....i just became a novice CH and let me tell you, i thought getting there was the biggest pain. Well, i soon found out by screaming a little at the Coronet Starport that you can easily get to Dathomir with a hunting party. Simply fire at the creatures once they attack and get loads of experience, then run up next to them and select harvest resources to get INSANE scout experince. In one day you could go from novice Scout to novice CH. But now that im a novice CH, what are the best animals to train. I was hoping somebody would research this a little bit because this would benefit almost ever CH out there. For example, if someone could make a chart as follows:
novice CH- \"good animals to train
next level- \"same\"
Samovar

Postby Samovar » Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:36 pm

I actually had to get all my scouting experience for the second time. I had it, but then I had to drop it for getting master CM. Getting it the second time was super-easy. For all the future CHs out there -- it really helps if you are high in combat profession. I am a Master Sharpshooter, so for me getting all my scounting back was a simple matter of spending several hours on Endor., where a lot of critters would give you 500 or so XP for harvesting. You also get about the same amount just during the drive to the mission (passing all these red dots :D ).

So now on to the thread question. My view might not be very helpful, since I am myself a novice. I don't know if you are looking for animals to tame and release (and thus get xp for the first box or two) or you want to get xp by using your pet in combat. If it's the latter, run to the BE store and get yourself some nice kitty (of the appropriate level, of course, so you can control it). You will have to wait a couple of days before you can use for anything serious, but it will be much tougher than anything you can tame at this point. If you are looking for tame and release, then drive around looking for babies, or check out the database on this site and see which creatures you can try to tame. Whether or not you are a Wook would make a difference, you will probably be able to tame a little harder creatures if you are.

Having said that -- don't get your hopes up too high for fast experience, it is slooooow, you get about 100 xp for taming, 100 per each command, etc. (And you thought getting scouting was a pain).

Wow, sorry for being so long-winded. Just my 2 credits in.
Samovar, Wanderhome (Master Sharpshooter/Master Creature Handler/Ex-Combat Medic)
Psychopomp, Lowca (Master Chef/Novice Heavy Swordsman)
Ryokincaid

Postby Ryokincaid » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:44 am

Although getting a decent sized party to dath together, and sending the pets in at the last minute should still yield decent xp.
Warrote

Postby Warrote » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:01 am

I think the best overall low level pet (non-BE) has to be the Mountain Dewback (CL20).

Here is how I did/do it:

I tamed anything and everything, trained, then released. I did that to get to CL 20 (1/1/1/1). I then found three Mountain Dewbacks, trained and kept them.

Next, I went to Dantooine to hunt Piket (for rifle and CH XP). While I was there I realized that by getting in with groups hunting Slinking Voritor Hunters, I could get crazy XP with my dewbacks (over 900 per kill). By having three of them, I just swap them out when the HAM gets too low.

1) There are always groups forming to hunt Voritors.
2) The money from the missions is good.
3) They drop armor segments that you can sell
4) Don't forget to harvest the meat to sell.
5) The CH XP comes faster than any other method I have seen. The reason is that a group can go through many Voritors in little time.

If someone has a better idea, please share!

~Warrote
Caaz D'Fey

Postby Caaz D'Fey » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:08 am

I agree, Mountain Dews are the best at CL20.

I used a Female Swamp Tusk Cat from Rori from 16 to 20 and highly recommend those. I believe you can find them on Naboo as well. I tamed both a Male and a Female, but the Female had far better stats.

At CL 22, I just tamed a Hilltop Kima on Talus - amazing HAM and non-aggro, so easy to tame. Will let folks know how it works out.
[b:625b6ce1bc][i:625b6ce1bc]Colonel Caaz \"Deadeye\" D'Fey[/b:625b6ce1bc][/i:625b6ce1bc]
Master Gunfighter, Creature Wrangler, & Aspiring Jedi Novice
Emmy

Postby Emmy » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:43 am

Recently ive been picking up Dune Banthas too. While Dewbacks are certainly the best mid-range creature on tatooine (and already mountable). The Bantha has decent HAM and good damage i am looking foward to using them as mounts. Mainly its for RP value, i mean living in the desert on Tatooine you just gotta have a Bantha.
[size=14:aa04034794][color=green:aa04034794][b:aa04034794]Emmy CultSlave[/b:aa04034794][/color:aa04034794][/size:aa04034794]
[size=10:aa04034794]Creature Handler[/size:aa04034794]
[size=10:aa04034794][color=green:aa04034794][b:aa04034794][url=http://www.cultofsarlacc.com]Cult of Sarlacc[/url][/b:aa04034794][/color:aa04034794][/size:aa04034794]
[size=10:aa04034794]Starsider[/size:aa04034794]

How to release ?

Postby » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:22 pm

Ok really dumb question. How do tyou release said animals follwing the Tame and Release philosophy ?

I do not see a release/abandon/send packing command anywhere

Thanks,

Armagh :roll:
Shinjeko

Postby Shinjeko » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:06 am

I can recommend a baby 'plains walker piket' to train.
they have 40% kinetic resist, and can be found and tamed in a few minutes everywhere on Dantooine. They grow up to be 9k ham lvl 30 pets, so you may need more than one if you dont train fast enough yourself.

Excellent XP can be had while hunting naff's on corellia with the masses.
[img:e545941f89]http://www.emerald-knights.com/guildhall/files/swgsig.jpg[/img:e545941f89]
Yvesof

Re: How to release ?

Postby Yvesof » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:21 am

[quote:dd25a41953=\"Anonymous\"]Ok really dumb question. How do tyou release said animals follwing the Tame and Release philosophy ?

I do not see a release/abandon/send packing command anywhere

Thanks,

Armagh :roll:[/quote:dd25a41953]

you just destroy the creature in your datapad. there used to be a release option way back when the game was first released but cities soon became clogged with MSE mouse droids. the best part about it was that you could actually attack the droid if it was just wondering around without an owner.
Yvesof Tabec
Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH
Resident of Minerva, Naboo
Valcyn Server
robaroo

Postby robaroo » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:21 am

Im currently NCH as well 1211 and are grinding towards MCH. I 3 pets i use in rotation.

Dewback level 20 (HAM 6700, 6400, 6450)

Blurrg Level 10 (ham 4900, 4800, 3900)

Razor Cat Level 10 (ham 4700, 4600, 3700)

I use my pet whenever im grinding for master fencer. It seems to me that i get alot more XP from my level 10 pets then i actually do for my level 20 pet. For example just hunting out of cities on small nOOb creatures i get 1XP for Dew compared to 80xp for the other 2.

I found this to be the same when hunting tuskens and all other sorts at the krayt dragon gaveyard.

I hear my L10 creatures have pretty rare ham but i would say if you can get one similar then start using it.

I guess i get more XP for a lower level pet then i do for the higher but in reality theres not a huge difference in their fighting capabilites.

Return to “CH Newbie Help Zone”