Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Good starting pets to train for new CH'ers

Frequent novic CH discussions

Postby » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:01 pm

at novice i used a lvl 10 bantha di ok when i could i used my lvl18 gurret and thats great now im using an aged lantern bird for lvl 27

i did was most have said which is to head to endor dant ect join a group and hunt that way godd ch exp good pistol exp good hide to sell :lol:
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:38 pm

The best way I've found so far to get CH xp is the front room in the Geonosian Caves on Yavin 4. The Crazed Geonosians spawn on a pretty consistent time basis and with a level 14 bet I was getting 793 CH xp on every kill. I got enough for a second level box in about 30 minutes.
Yvesof Tabec
Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH
Resident of Minerva, Naboo
Valcyn Server
2ndssnco

Postby 2ndssnco » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:30 pm

I'll second the Geonosian Caves. I was in there with a level 10 Bol and was getting 893xp for every kill my bol got in on. The key is hopefully there's enough other people there that the Geonosians that spawn are killed quick enough and really don't hurt anyone bad. Everyone wins. that is, until some bozo tries to escape the caves and brings a load of those Kwi's up. I hate them things...
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:08 am

at novice CH i went to tatooine and was lucky enough to meet another CH that had a baby rock beetle on him. He gave me that for free, and it helped me level up like crazy. it could kill tons of stuff without getting touched, so i didnt have to do anything but say \"go.\" The rock beetles have awesome HAM, and has ranged and melee attacks, so its perfect for starting out with.
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
ColdBrew

Postby ColdBrew » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:57 am

How do you get exp for CH when you are at 0 0 0 0? Don't you have to group them to get exp from fighting? Do I just have to tame and release over and over to get started.

Also I looked up some of the creatures above.
Blurrg Level 10 (ham 4900, 4800, 3900)

Razor Cat Level 10 (ham 4700, 4600, 3700)

And in the database they are listed much higher levels than 10. I think the razor cat was 22. So how can you tame one when you have 12.

Can I only tame babys? Or can I tame the adults if they are low enough level?
tido

Postby tido » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:58 am

[quote:59066a9070=\"ColdBrew\"]How do you get exp for CH when you are at 0 0 0 0? Don't you have to group them to get exp from fighting? Do I just have to tame and release over and over to get started.

Also I looked up some of the creatures above.
Blurrg Level 10 (ham 4900, 4800, 3900)

Razor Cat Level 10 (ham 4700, 4600, 3700)

And in the database they are listed much higher levels than 10. I think the razor cat was 22. So how can you tame one when you have 12.

Can I only tame babys? Or can I tame the adults if they are low enough level?[/quote:59066a9070]

You can only tame babies, non of us can tame adults, the ones you have searched out \"might\" be BE-pets (ewww), the wild ones are higher. Whats better then the Real-Thing? :). Personally i leave all the bio bets, and use only the wild ones no matter what, oh i strayed off topic.

The best way to get exp in 0-0-0-0 is to do combat, fight anything with your pets, anything you can win. I used CuPa, i fought against rock beetles, dune lizards, and im still doing it :). But later on when you get to like 3-3-3-3 its better to group and hunt the big ones, more exp & faster.

Thats my 2c.
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:49 pm

Yes, those are the two ways to make experience as a CH. It's not a fast track profession, but it's a ton of fun.

Using your pets to attack gets you experience. Remember that whether your pet does all the fighting or only lands one successful blow, the amount of experience is the same. A good strategy mentioned in several other places in these forums is to go rancor hunting with a group of high level players and send your pet in when the rancor is almost dead. If the pet lands a blow, you get nice experience.

Tame & Train is the other way to make experience. You get experience for each successful tame, and again for each command you successfully train. In the beginning you only have a few commands to train, but as you progress, you have increasingly more. The experience adds up when you are getting 100 points of experience per train and training 10 commands or more.

I'm not sure where you found those numbers for the Blurgg and the Razor Cat. Creature levels in terms of our profession are stated as Challenge Level (CL). At 0/0/0/0, you can tame creatures that are non-aggressive (yellow dots on the radar) up to CL 12. Your 'vicious' modifiers are in the first branch. Those allow you to tame aggressives (red dots on the radar). Second branch increases the number of pets you can store in your datapad. Third branch gives you more commands and the fourth branch eventually lets you have more than one active pet.

Yes, only babies are tameable, but they grow up once you tame them.

I found the advanced search feature very useful here. I would search babies = yes, non-aggressive = yes, CL <=12 and then sort that list by kinetic resist and/or HAM (which is what I use my pets for primarily) and descending order. The result would be a list of the tameable babies available to me at 0/0/0/0. I'd start at the top and work my way down, finding the pet or pets that I was most successful with. Everytime I trained a new box, I'd go back and do a new search at my new level to see what new creatures were available to tame. It made the journey to MCH organized and sensible.

One tame at a time,
Zurl
ColdBrew

Postby ColdBrew » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:05 pm

Thanks for the great help you two.

I think I'm well on my way now.
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:56 pm

I got lucky when i started. i went to tatooine to get started, and happened to meet a stranger that gave me a baby rock beetle! They are level 13, so i couldn't tame them, but it was a baby so i could use it. It had ranged and melee attack, and was pretty strong and had very good HAM. I would suggest asking a friend to tame you one of them when you start, then use it to level up until about 1/1/1/1
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Vasius Star

Postby Vasius Star » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:35 am

Only babies are tamable for any creature. So it has to say, for example..\"Mountain Dewback (baby)\". If it says \"Pup\", \"Cub\", or \"Youth\", then you can't tame it. It has to be \"(baby)\",

Return to “CH Newbie Help Zone”