Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Pet deaths and going back to the wild

Frequent novic CH discussions
Gath

Pet deaths and going back to the wild

Postby Gath » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:39 pm

Okey I have another newbie question for you :)

As Im sure you are aware there are lots of tutorials, and most of them say different things.. So I was wondering:

On this site there was a tutorial that said that deathblow \"only\" reduces vitality by 2 for a pet. How about if the pet gets incapacitated 3 times within 15 mins?

And Ive read that pets that are left out when you log, or if you tell them to stay somewhere and run off, will turn wild after 30 mins. In effect making you loose them. Is this true anymore? I hope not, would be nasty if you get a power shortage or something :)
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:34 pm

I'm not sure if the 3 incap rule effects pets. The two times I have ever had this happen was with things that deathblew anyways. (My record being 26 deathblows, or 52 vitality, due to spawns of 50 pirates that looked like 5.)

Pets will not go wild if they are out when you log/disconnect. They will store in a few minutes and still remain in your datapad.
Gath

Postby Gath » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:08 pm

Thanks, I did some testing on a poor nuna. I got it to incap at least 5 times within 3 mins and it didnt even loose vitality.

Theres a lot of places with confusing info about this. Even the current manual on SWG's website says that:
\"If your pet dies in combat, it is gone forever, so be sure to heal pets often.\"

Good to know its not true anymore
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:58 pm

In the manual i think it MIGHT mean that if your pet gets down to 0 vitality then it is gone forever. I don't know, and havent tested it, but if it says it in the manual it must have some remote meaning. :) just a thought
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
ColdBrew

Postby ColdBrew » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:58 am

Or it might mean the manual is wrong. Looking through the online manual (that is supposed to be up to date) almost none of the group commands listed there work....
Gath

Postby Gath » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:01 pm

Id say its wrong too. After all, in the current online manual you can read that you teach the command to feed. And then 2 sentences later you can read that you cant teach the command to feed.

Its not accurate or correct *shrugs*.
I read on the tutorial on this site that the pets wont die even at 0 vitality. Not that they will be much use at that low vitality..
Cyphaze

Postby Cyphaze » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:07 pm

[quote:321c95c858=\"Juicer\"]In the manual i think it MIGHT mean that if your pet gets down to 0 vitality then it is gone forever. I don't know, and havent tested it, but if it says it in the manual it must have some remote meaning. :) just a thought[/quote:321c95c858]
Pets can still function at 0 vitality, but since pets suffer a stat reductions at certain vitality markers its stats will be at 25% at 0 vitality... pretty useless, but it's good to know that Fluffy the jax will always be safe

Return to “CH Newbie Help Zone”