Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Selling Creatures

Frequent novic CH discussions
Vasius Star

Selling Creatures

Postby Vasius Star » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:13 am

I've got some CH skills, and I just learned Business 3, which lets me get a vendor. I tried to put a creature from my datapad onto the vendor, but it said...

\"You cannot sell this item.

The only data types that can be sold on the market are Manufacturing Schematics.\"

I assumed that meant that only deeds could be sold, so I tried to sell a deed I had - and it worked.

Now, my question is: How do I put my pets from the datapad onto the vendor? And if I can't, how do I turn my pets into deeds?
Nytar

Postby Nytar » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:18 am

AFAIK you cannot turn your pets in your datapad into deeds. Once you tame it, the only way to sell it is by transferring it to someone's datapad and get a bank transfer of credits or get tipped. So to sell something on your vendor, you have to have your pet in deed form.
[color=#33CCFF:b375b202e1] Nyter:Genetics[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CCCC:b375b202e1] Tempest[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC99:b375b202e1] Naboo, Edoras[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC66:b375b202e1] 6228 -4316[/color:b375b202e1]
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:08 am

Datapad item can be traded in the trade window, so it can be a secure transfer for both parties.

That said, there is no way to sell an already tamed creature on a vendor. This has consistantly been one of our top issues since beta.
Vasius Star

Postby Vasius Star » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:46 pm

Any chance they might change it in Publish 10?
Gath

Postby Gath » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:02 pm

I guess the reason they dont want us to sell tamed pets is that we then could put up a private vendor and put up pets we want to keep for 9999999 credits. Endless pet storage..

Of course, thats easy to solve. Make the pet still take up room in the datapad until its sold (make it gray out and not being possible to call it). That way we cant store them on private vendors, and only being able to sell a handful of tamed pets is better than not being able to sell them at all (on vendor that is).

This is SOE though, I wont hold my breath.
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:29 am

[quote:b8cdea2173=\"Vasius Star\"]Any chance they might change it in Publish 10?[/quote:b8cdea2173]

Considering they haven't in Publishes 1 through 9, and Creature Handler is nowhere on their radar?

No chance. Sorry. :(
ColdBrew

Postby ColdBrew » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:08 am

What is wrong with us being able to store pets in our home?

[quote:d5eac7d585=\"Gath\"]I guess the reason they dont want us to sell tamed pets is that we then could put up a private vendor and put up pets we want to keep for 9999999 credits. Endless pet storage..

Of course, thats easy to solve. Make the pet still take up room in the datapad until its sold (make it gray out and not being possible to call it). That way we cant store them on private vendors, and only being able to sell a handful of tamed pets is better than not being able to sell them at all (on vendor that is).

This is SOE though, I wont hold my breath.[/quote:d5eac7d585]
Ukyo Ranzou

Postby Ukyo Ranzou » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:06 am

As far I know you can only store untamed pets (Bought from a BE vendor, player etc) in your home. So that is not comparable to the point Gath made
hudsonbend

Postby hudsonbend » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:50 am

I havent gotten a chance to test this out yet, but I think if you call a pet inside your house, and then leave I dont think they will run away. I heard they just stay there in your house until you come back and store them. But since I havent tested it out I dont reccomend trying it on your favorite pet. [color=cyan][size=18:0a372fa3a1][/size:0a372fa3a1]
Gath

Postby Gath » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:50 pm

Yeah that works great.. But even if you go far away from your house it still counts towards the max level of pets you can bring out, and the number of pets..

And it stores if you log out or such.

If you want pets in your house for decorations you can probably buy some trash pets from a BE for a smaller sum to decorate it with. If you want to sell pets that you have trained your best bet is to teach it to patrol and name it ForSale and send it around some heavilly populated area. Around major planets starports most likely.

Dont see why they couldnt add an npc a MCH could place in their house that could tend to your pets while your away (costing rent but enabling you to place pets in your house) and then if they make it possible to sell pets but leave them taking up room in the datapad they can easilly control how many pets you can store, or sell.

But I doubt that anything will happen anytime soon, SOE tends to not bother with fixing things that kinda work anyways..

Return to “CH Newbie Help Zone”