Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

which ch pet is pet for PvP?

Frequent novic CH discussions
issossk

which ch pet is pet for PvP?

Postby issossk » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:48 pm

???
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:48 am

None. At least no natural pet. Any CH who pulls out a pet in a PvP encounter is just plain foolish. Your opponent will be delighted to see that you've wasted valuable skill points mastering CH instead of skilling up something that could actually help you in PvP.

Think about it. What is the most wicked pet that you've tried to tame? For me so far it was the weeks I spent walking the face of Dathomir looking for Bull Rancors. Though I never found a Bull, I did have to fight a lot of different rancors. I fight unbuffed. I wear ubese armor. I had no trouble handling those lairs by myself.

Now take somebody decked out in 80% composite, fully buffed, and probably wielding some kind of insanely uber weapon. What chance does your Rancor have? Or your Screecher, or your Merek, or even your big cats?

And I'm not very well versed in BE pets, but would they stand much more of a chance?

I watched an MCH showing off in Mos Eisley one day. He was pulling out all his pets for the newbies to gawk at. Along comes an unbuffed Power Ranger (80% composite) who says \"Hey, mind if I duel your pet?\" The MCH gets giddy as he whips out every pet on this guy, only to watch them drop without even hardly scratching the Power Ranger. It was pathetic really. The Power Ranger was mocking and cavalier the entire time. The MCH looked badly beaten, standing there alone after all the newbies walked off gawking at the Power Ranger. :)
One tame at a time :)
Nytar

Postby Nytar » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:36 am

I can tell you that BE pets are no exception. My 11K Health Light armor 60Kinetic 53Energy Gurrcat lasted about 10 seconds before I got killed by a buffed player...

Maybe its time we get our hands on medium armor pets :twisted:
Alas, Im sure DEVs don't love us that much :cry:
[color=#33CCFF:b375b202e1] Nyter:Genetics[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CCCC:b375b202e1] Tempest[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC99:b375b202e1] Naboo, Edoras[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC66:b375b202e1] 6228 -4316[/color:b375b202e1]
Warrote

Postby Warrote » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:52 am

I think the only thing about CH that helps in PVP would be the specials. It really could be beneficial if you were in a large overt group fighting another large overt group. It might help to whip out your Bull Rancor or Screecher to the other team in mass with plague strike. Also, if you run with 3 BE pets that have stun, intimidate, dizzy, crippling strike, and blinding, you could really put the opponent at a disadvantage.

I haven't done much PVP, but I do think it might help if you can lay on a ton of specials (poisons & disease are not consistent & therefore unreliable).
Master Creature Handler
Master Rifleman
Nytar

Postby Nytar » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:15 am

Yeah specials might be useful. Especially those plague/poison spray attacks. We still won't be able to do much in 1v1 situation, but in a large PvP battle we may be able to help. That was the primary reason why I have been trying to get Mantigrue Screecher for a while now. I guess it will be like having your own combat medic fighting along side you!

About having 3 pets out with various specials, that's a pretty good thing to have in PvE as well as PvP. I have been using this trio of pets with Intimidation, Crippling Strike, Dizzy Strike, Blinding Strike, Strong Poison and such. When they attack, the enemy's status changes to something like you see on Krayt Dragon being attacked by bunch of players: blinded, poisoned, kneeling, intimidated.... It's fun.

One thing thats bothering me about PvP tough... I thought pet vitality loss in PvP has been removed from the game, but it seems that my pet lost vitality when he got slained by a player the other night. He may have lost his vitality somewhere I don't remember, but I am pretty sure he hasn't died recently... Has anyone confirmed that pet vitality loss in PvP has been removed??
[color=#33CCFF:b375b202e1] Nyter:Genetics[/color:b375b202e1]

[color=#33CCCC:b375b202e1] Tempest[/color:b375b202e1]

[color=#33CC99:b375b202e1] Naboo, Edoras[/color:b375b202e1]

[color=#33CC66:b375b202e1] 6228 -4316[/color:b375b202e1]
issossk

Postby issossk » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:40 pm

what if you buff your pet?
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:49 pm

If you buff the pet then its just like normal player buffs, but they go away when it gets stored. Also, since people cant buff mind, and obviously you cant make your pet watch/listen to an entertainer, u might want to have a supply of petstims to heal mind with before sending it to take on a herd of rancors :D
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:49 am

Herd of rancor? Sure I herd of rancor, I'm a CH, fer crying out loud!

(I had to do it, Juiceboy's gotten ahead of me with number of posts... LOL!)
One tame at a time :)

Return to “CH Newbie Help Zone”