Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Novice Rifleman wondering. . .

Frequent novic CH discussions
DarthMarksman

Novice Rifleman wondering. . .

Postby DarthMarksman » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:26 pm

Thinking of holding off on my Rifleman leveling and move up the creature handler tree. Then I figure I can have creatures to help me level Rifleman(which is my primary professions). Good idea? Would it be better to level Rifleman first?
\"Until the lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter.\"

-African Hunting Proverb
mini-me

Postby mini-me » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:40 pm

I was already master rifle when starting ch, makes it much easier. I stand 60m out using mask scent then send in pet, once pet hits once I lay on them with t21, u still get max xp, and they fall quickly. Just get some BE clothes with bonus to mask scent and they should avoid you. Also make sure you have a pet with good kenetic def, so you dont lose the pet if they agro. I personally look for wrix lairs cause they spawn constantly, leave the pet in and just change targets, you can get tons of xp that way as long as you use a low level pet.

Note: Laser rifle works well to but the t21 makes it much easier.
Mini-me
Lowca Galaxy
Master Rifle
Training CH
tka 4000
DarthMarksman

Postby DarthMarksman » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:56 pm

Cool. So you would say, get Master Rifleman first, then? :o
\"Until the lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter.\"

-African Hunting Proverb
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:10 pm

I was also mastered (or close to it) in a fighting profession before really undertaking CH. It makes it a lot easier I think. I would grind rifleman first before really digging in to the critters. You can always stop and try to tame the babies that you happen to find along the way.

Though they are useful, the low level pets aren't really enough to carry the weight of the battle. You'll still be doing the bulk of the damage (and often the tanking too, lol) You could buy low level, high kinetic BE pets. That would make it easier if you wanted to CH first.
Last edited by Zurlaboo on Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One tame at a time :)
DarthMarksman

Postby DarthMarksman » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:14 pm

OK, thanks for the advice. :)

-African Hunting Proverb
Warrote

Postby Warrote » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:31 pm

I started both at the same time, working on them both. I focused more on Rifleman because the XP came faster. I mastered Rifleman with about 5 or 6 boxes left on CH. Once I was MRM that XP came MUCH faster.

Having some decent BE lower level pets will help you master rifleman. I would definately get MRM first.

Here is a technique to help... Get a BE pet with good kinetic & armor. Send it in on Pikets to try and get them all to Aggro. Then spam Flushing Shot 2. You can clean up in a hurry and rack up the XP. Flushing Shot 2 (0/0/3/0) is by far the best way to rack up XP and I would get that shot ASAP.

~Warrote of Bloodfin
Master Creature Handler
Master Rifleman
DarthMarksman

Postby DarthMarksman » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:44 am

I've been trying to get some BE pets, but no BE will respond to my inquiries. :o

-African Hunting Proverb
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:50 am

Being 0-0-4-2 in Carbineer and 2-0-0-3 in CH, I can tell you that the weapons xp comes so much quicker than the CH xp. I would suggest trying to level the CH xp and you'll just naturally master Rifleman sooner.
Yvesof Tabec
Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH
Resident of Minerva, Naboo
Valcyn Server
DarthMarksman

Postby DarthMarksman » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:03 pm

Yeah, I've been using droids, but they can get pricey. If I can find a BE on my server who will make me a pet, I'll certainly go that route.

-African Hunting Proverb
Sathimi

Postby Sathimi » Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:15 am

Definitely Rifleman first. Your damage production at Master Rifleman will blow away anything you could do with pets.

I used Conceal Shot early on instead of going for area of effect attacks like Flushing Shot, but to each his/her own. Going for Flushing Shot is probably better tho if you have a decent amount of cash and can get a hold of a DXR6b rifle.
Sathimi \"Squid Sniper\" Drenched-Spawn
~Scylla Galaxy~
Master Rifleman
Master CH

Return to “CH Newbie Help Zone”