Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Woo! Hoo!

Frequent novic CH discussions
DarthMarksman

Woo! Hoo!

Postby DarthMarksman » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:54 pm

Woo! Hoo! Finally! Tamed my first creature. A cu pa from Tatooine. Took a night off of my rifleman leveling to tame something, my first. Was out looking for a lesser dewback. Couldn't find one. Killed many Tusken raiders, feral banthas. Hung out at the Krayt Dragon graveyard, where I remember them spawning abundantly before. Nothing(strange). On my way back to Mos Entha I saw some yellow blips on the radar. Detoured, came upon a herd of cu pa. Masked scent, went into the herd. Came up to a baby, tamed it on the second try. So, I feel good. :lol:

Now, how do I name it? I know you can do this by using a name with a comand like [i:32bfbeb224](Name) attack![/i:32bfbeb224], for example, but it won't let me name it. Do I have to get to a certain level to do this? :D
\"Until the lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter.\"

-African Hunting Proverb
Eltheria

Postby Eltheria » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:09 pm

Grats! :)

I have done the below and it works, but you have to be able to train it in 4 commands I read. I couldn't name mine when I could only give 3 commands, but now that I can give 4 I can name my pets.

/tellpet Squeaky a = Squeaky is pet name and a is attack for this example

do this with all the commands with the name of your pet before the command. Then after the last one you should see a bubble above your pet saying Squeaky? and then it is named.
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:07 am

yep and after it is named you can change all the commands back to normal (attack,store,t1,etc.) without the pets name before them
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Englad

Postby Englad » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:51 am

i dont think its fair that us CH's can only catch baby animals :( i gotta wait ages for my newest pet A WIX!!!! YAY to grow :< and it looks cool grown its lvl 1 out of 12 :|
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:42 am

Lol thats part of the fun :) u get to watch it grow up.
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:37 pm

Yeah, kinda like the fun your parents had watching you grow up :)

By the way, when you are naming your pet, if you use the \"Squeeky a\" method, you can train the same thing (Squeeky a) to 4 different commands to save a bit of time. Simply highlight the command and CTRL-Up Arrow to get 'Squeeky a\" back on your text line for the subsequent commands. Don't forget to go back and change them after you've successfully named your pet. It will take 4 successful trainings of 4 different commands, not just 4 attempts to get him named.
One tame at a time :)
Eltheria

Postby Eltheria » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:34 pm

Squeaky is my little Spined Puc which was a generous gift from a player who is giving up CH. He is a pretty fast little guy hehe :D

Return to “CH Newbie Help Zone”