Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

New CH on Valcyn

Frequent novic CH discussions
Seaghost

New CH on Valcyn

Postby Seaghost » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:32 am

Hello all, just took up SWG from EQ and decided to do a CH as this is similar to my Beastlord I had there for the last 3 years. I do have a couple of questions though. I had taken up carbines and am currently 4/2/0/2 in it so getting close to master there, but have been told by some that a better fit for CH is rifle or Fencer. Any thoughts on this?

My other question is due to my sporadic play time, I currently go to IT school in the eves and work after that, I am usually unable to buff all the time. On the weekends buffing is no prob, but during the week a lot of times I dont have the time to buff and then run missions due to extended afks sometimes.

So what I find myself doing is playing pet Dr alot, letting the creature tank for me and healing as I can. To go with that I am also a medic 4/0/4/4 at the present time, with the intention of dropping the crafting area later. Does anyone know where I can find pet stim C's and regular stim C's, as the best I have found so far is all B's. Also since I'm unable due to cash restraints in game to buff all the time and since I stat migrated to max mind what is the best profession for combat for me? Most missions I can run are 1 to 2k missions, anything harder and unbuffed I'm sure to get incapped enough to die LOL.

My plan eventually is to scrap both of my EQ accounts and switch to SWG with 2 accts and have a Dr BE combo. Then buffing won't be such an issue, as you can buy the packs and self buff cheaper than paying 10k each time. And having a BE will compliment the CH real nice. A note here also, I don't PVP only kill mobs, so all I'm concerned with is having fun doing missions or wandering around seeing the sights with a small menagerie in tow. LOL

Thanks for any help, and a big thanks to Leopard and some others for helping me get some pets and armor to get myself going. BTW, my chars name is Jaque Inthebox, so be sure to say hi if you see me there :)
Nytar

Postby Nytar » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:44 am

Hi Seaghost,

I myself wanted to make a very good CH character and that was the primary reason why I picked up BE. I am pretty close to my goal (CH master, BE 3-3-4-4). However, with BE and CH, I have not much combat skills and it takes forever to kill one mob...

So I am seriously thinking about getting another account and build an uber combat CH character. I will keep my current character as a BE just like you are planning and crank out the best pets for my combat CH. I will also pick up Doctor with my current to buff my combat CH. I am debating myself what combat profession I should go with.

Some people say rifle is the way to go, and I believe it. Because with HUGE damage, conceal shot and pet taking the damage for you. It seems like rifleman is THE profession to combo with CH. But I personally would like to be able to defend myself and deal good damage at the same time (to health pool maybe?). So I am thinking about going melee. I would also like to get meditation line of TKA so that I can heal diseases/poisons myself. So I am thinking about going:
TKM, MCH with medic 2-4-4-0, scout 4-1-4-1
OR any of the following variation:
Master Pikeman, MCH, TKA 4-0-0-0, Medic 0-0-0-0, scout 4-0-4-1
Master Swordsman, MCH, TKA 4-0-0-0, Medic 0-0-0-0, scout 4-0-4-1
Master Fencer, MCH, TKA 4-0-0-0, Medic 0-0-0-0, scout 4-0-4-1
Which one to go with, I have no idea...

As for petstimC's, you should probably try planetary map and find a BE shop, or go to Coronet and spam \"looking for petstimCs!\" a couple of times. I am pretty sure no matter what time there are some people in Coronet.

Sorry about the long post.
Last edited by Nytar on Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#33CCFF:b375b202e1] Nyter:Genetics[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CCCC:b375b202e1] Tempest[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC99:b375b202e1] Naboo, Edoras[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC66:b375b202e1] 6228 -4316[/color:b375b202e1]
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:59 am

Good to meet you Seaghost! I see you've met Leopard Tracks, he's a good guy to know when you're a beginner.

I'm in the same boat as you except my carbineer skills are only 0-0-4-2 and dropping everyday. I think the carbine complements pretty nicely since you can put the state effects on the animals causing them to miss or do reduced damage to your pets. And you've just got to love Charge Shot.

Plus, with the carbines you don't have to be so far away that running up to heal your pets will cause you to have such a negative modifier you couldn't hit the creature at the same time (as it would with rifles). Pistols may be a good bet since you can be close enough to heal and fight plus you can do the health bleeds and your pets will hit health most of the time as well.

Check out my shop in Minerva, Naboo sometime or send me a /tell and we'll go out hunting sometime. :)
Yvesof Tabec
Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH
Resident of Minerva, Naboo
Valcyn Server
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:16 pm

whats conceal shot do? everyone always talks about it, never bothered to ask what it was :)
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Seaghost

Thanks for the replies

Postby Seaghost » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:13 am

Thanks guys for your replies, they have been helpfull. I'm now 4/3/0/2 carbines and 2/2/1/2 CH things are going much better. When buffed I can really pour out the dmg on mobs while my new BE angler that was given to me really does a nice job tanking, even with only 28 kinetic res. My lvl 22 BE gurrcat has 28 kr also but also has 28 energy res, which helps with stormtroopers. Been running some rebel missions with him and only downside is ch xp is slow.

The nice thing though is my bagerset BE has 40 kr at lvl 19 and works great on pickets and the such missions. Can usually do a clear on a lair before having to heal him up.

Think I'm gonna try and finish off carbines to see how the damage output is as a master against the mobs. I've read other posts and think that I will concentrate on getting master carbines, then run better solo missions to get the ch xps. And yes, I have noticed how the blind, stun, and dizzy really stack up on creatures that I'm shooting with my carbine.

Now for another question. I'm starting to see that for PvE the following resistances seem to be key, kinetic, energy, and stun. I realize that the others do play a part, but seems that most mobs fall into one or 2 of those categories. How expensive is it to have a BE custom make a pet with those 3 resistances for say a lvl 30 pet? I figure that if I can get one good lvl 26 to 31 pet with around 10k ham with those resistances, then I would probably be good to go for quite a few lvls of ch. Maybe even a lower lvl pet with those stats would be better. And by good resistances I mean 50+ to all 3, 60+ to all 3 being even better.

BTW, I mispelled my chars name in my first post, its Jauge. LOL so much for my french. And Yvesof, I have u on my friends list and do plan on coming by Naboo to look at your shop and see what you have for sale :)
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:53 am

I look forward to seeing you Seaghost. I think I may have some pets on the vendor you'd like too. As far as one with Kinetic/Energy/Stun I should have at least one in stock, if not I know a pretty decent recipe to get a couple made up. Just so you know though, BE pets are capped at 60% for Kinetic and Energy resists, the rest can go up to 100% though.
Yvesof Tabec

Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH

Resident of Minerva, Naboo

Valcyn Server
Seaghost

Can't find vender

Postby Seaghost » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:18 pm

Hey Yvesof, been all over Minerva and no luck finding your vendor, did find your house though LOL. Send me a tell (Jauqe) with loc so I can go chech it out and spend some credits there.

Checked out some other BE's but no luck really finding what I want yet.

Jauqe Inthebox
Valcyn Server
Olympus Mons, Corellia
Member of MSNR

Return to “CH Newbie Help Zone”